The Student Room Group

What makes you stand out?

What makes you stand out from the crowd?
What makes you different to everyone else?
What do you have that very little others have?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I guess what might make me stand out is the fact that my personality is weird and messed up, and I do the most stupid stuff that others wouldn't do.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by animeamanda1412
I do the most stupid stuff that others wouldn't do.

Go on give us an example ;p
Reply 3
Original post by animeamanda1412
I guess what might make me stand out is the fact that my personality is weird, and I do the most stupid stuff that others wouldn't do.

Like what exactly?
I came across a thread where it asked what makes you stand out and I had no idea
Original post by Ayesha_1221
What makes you stand out from the crowd?
What makes you different to everyone else?
What do you have that very little others have?

do you have an interview and thus trying to phish out some answers which can be helpful (you know you can just ask right?)

generally speaking most people look for hard work, determination, teamwork, ability to cope with pressure, control emotions, good skills relevant to the post your applying to, try to draw in some of your experiences / accomplishments and how they would be beneficial to the role your applying for. additionally, if you have been given a job specification with essential and desirable criteria, remember and include as much of that as you can when answering.

essentially all 3 questions serve the same purposes in interviews and thus can have similar answers.

Hopefully that is of some help (apologies if it isnt).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by quasa
do you have an interview and thus trying to phish out some answers which can be helpful (you know you can just ask right?)

generally speaking most people look for hard work, determination, teamwork, ability to cope with pressure, control emotions, good skills relevant to the post your applying to, try to draw in some of your experiences / accomplishments and how they would be beneficial to the role your applying for. additionally, if you have been given a job specification with essential and desirable criteria, remember and include as much of that as you can when answering.

essentially all 3 questions serve the same purposes in interviews and thus can have similar answers.

Hopefully that is of some help (apologies if it isnt).

Ok
Reply 6
Original post by shadowdmdm
Go on give us an example ;p

Original post by Ayesha_1221
Like what exactly?
I came across a thread where it asked what makes you stand out and I had no idea

1. Hurting other people really badly and yet i somehow dont even realise it
2. getting into a fight with someone, realising there and then that im wrong but refusing to admit it till the moment they cut off any contact and then end up regretting it
3. overthinking anything and everything to the point where i get anxiety and then realising that literally nothing happened
the list goes on...
(edited 6 years ago)
I’m a psychopath.
Introverted and hard-working dunno :h:
OMG i just realised you have the same name as me :smile:
Reply 10
I hate crowds
My fingerprint
Common sense
(edited 6 years ago)
Ain’t they all th same questions
I don't stand out from a crowd, but I may stand out if they got to know me because I do things that others may not do and have experienced things others may not have.
They would learn that I don't live life like my peers and that I have invisible illnesses that affect me most days.
I believe my music tastes are quite unusual.
I usually have the ability to suss out other people and their intentions before others catch on. I have initiative and common sense, which I thought everyone had until I met my coworkers. :lol:
I have the ability to almost immediately work out what my dreams mean which is honestly an amazing feeling as it lets you see within your subconscious.
I am a female Karl Pilginton / Rhod Gilbert; I can complain about absolutely everything, but in a jokey way. Sometimes my complaints are so petty, it's humorous.
same I love my life since I am good at nearly everything but I never say stuff like that because I don't want to sound big headed lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Awesome!👊 haha :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm weird. In a weird way.
I stand out by being extremely dull.

My build. I'm tall and muscular so I just stand out everywhere I go.
Reply 18
My bubbly personality, my inability to hold grudges and my love of hugging people but at the same time the ability to switch to a super serious version of me at a moments notice. Basically i'm like an excitable kitten one moment but can become serious if I need.

Quick Reply

Latest