The Student Room Group

A level subject choices (help asap)

i am doing maths economics and history and i am interested in doing computer science at Uni. Will it be difficult for me to get to a higher uni because of my subject choices?
Reply 1
Any know?
Reply 2
You will likely need Physics
Original post by Mark Fresh
i am doing maths economics and history and i am interested in doing computer science at Uni. Will it be difficult for me to get to a higher uni because of my subject choices?

Most universities ask that you do Maths and Physics for CS
Reply 4
ive been searching unis and most just say maths
Reply 5
Original post by Fonzworth
Most universities ask that you do Maths and Physics for CS

ve been searching unis and most just say maths
ive been searching unis and most just say maths

further maths is also VERY helpful for ComSci
Reply 7
with these a levels does CS not look like a possible degree?
It's possible, but depends where you're looking at going. Look at the entry requirements and what subjects are essential (e.g. Maths) and what subjects are beneficial (e.g. Further Maths).

Also, does your school not do Computer Science A-level?
Reply 9
Original post by TheMindGarage
It's possible, but depends where you're looking at going. Look at the entry requirements and what subjects are essential (e.g. Maths) and what subjects are beneficial (e.g. Further Maths).

Also, does your school not do Computer Science A-level?

most of the unis i want to go to just state maths is 100 percent needed and that all.
most of the unis i want to go to just state maths is 100 percent needed and that all.

Maybe have a look if you can find statistics on what A-levels successful applicants took. Look at what's high up on the list.

Quick Reply

Latest