The Student Room Group

Life feels messed up now in Year 12

Now me and my mates started Year 12 3 weeks in and none of my mates are acting normally. 1 normally is bubbly and talkative but he plugged his ears in with music. Another got his head in the clouds which is strange since he doesn't normally think much. I feel like it's got something to do with losing friends or starting a level
Original post by Muudeey
Now me and my mates started Year 12 3 weeks in and none of my mates are acting normally. 1 normally is bubbly and talkative but he plugged his ears in with music. Another got his head in the clouds which is strange since he doesn't normally think much. I feel like it's got something to do with losing friends or starting a level

It takes some adjustment when you're in a new place, maybe their personalities are changing slightly or they're just settling in and will return to their normal selves soon.
Honestly everyone is really thrown off and weird for the first few weeks of year 12, it's pretty normal. It feels like everyone has to grow up really quickly and suddenly work so much harder, so it's natural for people to not be themselves for a while. Everyone's usually sorted themselves out by half term so I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 3
Original post by CatusStarbright
It takes some adjustment when you're in a new place, maybe their personalities are changing slightly or they're just settling in and will return to their normal selves soon.

I hope so but we've lost a lot of friends who complemented our personalities perfectly
Original post by Muudeey
I hope so but we've lost a lot of friends who complemented our personalities perfectly

Well that may explain it. You will make new friends though. It's just a time of change is starting year 12 and a lot shifts, that's just how it is.
Reply 5
I myself feel a bit lost in the world at the moment.
Reply 6
focus on your studies and use your frees wisely :smile:
prioritise your mental health also
Reply 7
Original post by k.m.b
focus on your studies and use your frees wisely :smile:
prioritise your mental health also

I'll try but looking 👀 back relied heavily on my friends to make the world seem better than it is. My studies so far are going great by the way.
Reply 8
Original post by Muudeey
I'll try but looking 👀 back relied heavily on my friends to make the world seem better than it is. My studies so far are going great by the way.

once you find a way to make your own source of happiness without other people, life will go much more smoothly
The start of Y12 was the same for me, took ages to settle in properly but once everything is sorted it'll be fine, just enjoy it because before you know it you'll be in Y13 and applying for uni ;D
wait till you get older

Quick Reply

Latest