The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XIX

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
Don't beat yourself up for not studying, it's OK to take breaks sometimes. :hugs: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. Sorry I can't say something more useful. I should probably just not be here.

Sorry guys. :redface:

Don’t be silly, your words are comforting enough :hugs:

Many other people have also commended you for being so helpful, so you most definitely are. :yes:
Original post by furryface12
Well done you, that's a massive achievement! Really glad he was so supportive too :smile: hope him knowing helps you both, sorry you're struggling though.

Thank you. :smile: I think it will help us, he told me he knew something wasn't right. He's the first person I've told about it. He knew I have anxiety and OCD but for some reason this felt so much more difficult to explain.
Hey @Pathway I hope you're okay...

You definitely should be here, you give many of us here lots of kind words and support. :hugs:
Original post by LeCroissant

You definitely should be here, you give many of us here lots of kind words and support. :hugs:

:ditto: :yep:

-------------------
this day has been horrendous, struggling to see how it could have gone anymore wrong
Original post by CoolCavy
:ditto: :yep:

-------------------
this day has been horrendous, struggling to see how it could have gone anymore wrong

Hope you're ok :hugs:
Original post by Rigel
Hope you're ok :hugs:

Thank you Rigel same to you :hugs:
Attempting to do a assignment.

My brain is like potato.
Original post by W. A. Mozart
Don’t be silly, your words are comforting enough :hugs:

Many other people have also commended you for being so helpful, so you most definitely are. :yes:

Original post by LeCroissant

Thanks guys.

Just not doing well. Don't know what I'm doing. Don't see the point in anything. Feel really alone. :redface:

Think I'm gonna be quiet. Please take care everyone. :grouphugs:
Original post by Pathway
Thanks guys.

Just not doing well. Don't know what I'm doing. Don't see the point in anything. Feel really alone. :redface:

Please stay safe, only ever a text away :frown:

:hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Please stay safe, only ever a text away :frown:

:hugs:

Thank you.
Original post by Rigel
Thank you. :smile: I think it will help us, he told me he knew something wasn't right. He's the first person I've told about it. He knew I have anxiety and OCD but for some reason this felt so much more difficult to explain.

I'm glad it didn't come as a complete surprise to him. I can definitely understand that- that it's something new as well, and also that it's not his (or anyone's) fault. It's really good he's so understanding :smile:

Original post by Pathway
Thanks guys.

Don't feel like you have to be quiet for us! Do if it would help you but we like you here, a lot. You help people even when you're really struggling yourself, we'd like you even if you didn't. PM me if it would help but yeah- don't ever feel like you have to be quiet, ever :hugs:
I'm glad it didn't come as a complete surprise to him. I can definitely understand that- that it's something new as well, and also that it's not his (or anyone's) fault. It's really good he's so understanding :smile:

Don't feel like you have to be quiet for us! Do if it would help you but we like you here, a lot. You help people even when you're really struggling yourself, we'd like you even if you didn't. PM me if it would help but yeah- don't ever feel like you have to be quiet, ever :hugs:

I'm just so tired of trying to get people to see things are wrong, it doesn't matter to them - like this whole heart issue or MH stuff. They don't care. Doesn't matter how urgent it is or how much of an emergency it is, the fact is they don't care. So don't see the point in anything anymore.

I'm tired of reaching out and nothing being done because it's just disheartening.

But thank you. I'll be about if anyone needs anything, just feel like I'm a lost cause and how I'm being treated just proves it. I need to learn to be OK with that.
The hardest thing is getting back into my old interests.

Used to be interested in almost anything.

This is stopping me from moving on :frown:
I feel.... off
Original post by Pathway
I'm just so tired of trying to get people to see things are wrong, it doesn't matter to them - like this whole heart issue or MH stuff. They don't care. Doesn't matter how urgent it is or how much of an emergency it is, the fact is they don't care. So don't see the point in anything anymore.

I'm tired of reaching out and nothing being done because it's just disheartening.

But thank you. I'll be about if anyone needs anything, just feel like I'm a lost cause and how I'm being treated just proves it. I need to learn to be OK with that.

I know :s-smilie: feeling a lot the same atm, don't know what can say but just :hugs: you're not a lost cause, you'll find something eventually. wish they'd hurry up a bit though, worried about you :s-smilie: it's not fair
I just can't stop worrying about how there are only 7 months left until my A Level exams. It's on my mind all of the time lately.
I just can't stop worrying about how there are only 7 months left until my A Level exams. It's on my mind all of the time lately.

I don't know if this will help, but, could you perhaps sit down and work out exactly what you have to study? Like I mean which modules, what material, bits you did well on before (allocate less for these), bits you don't understand particularly (allocate more) and make a very ROUGH schedule of what you're going to do and by when? That's how I got through school but it doesn't work for everyone so apologies if that's not your style. :colondollar:

:hugs: 7 months is plenty btw, that's like a school year. I have faith in you.
Original post by Sabertooth
I don't know if this will help, but, could you perhaps sit down and work out exactly what you have to study? Like I mean which modules, what material, bits you did well on before (allocate less for these), bits you don't understand particularly (allocate more) and make a very ROUGH schedule of what you're going to do and by when? That's how I got through school but it doesn't work for everyone so apologies if that's not your style. :colondollar:

:hugs: 7 months is plenty btw, that's like a school year. I have faith in you.

Thanks for the advice :hugs:

I do have a rough plan like that, I'm just scared that I'll always be too tired to study and hence I won't get it done in time.

I'm probably just overthinking it I guess, but it's really important and I can't mess it up this time around.

Thanks again, how are you doing since we last spoke? :console:
I know :s-smilie: feeling a lot the same atm, don't know what can say but just :hugs: you're not a lost cause, you'll find something eventually. wish they'd hurry up a bit though, worried about you :s-smilie: it's not fair

Thank you. :hugs: Sorry you're feeling the same. I'm sorry I'm worrying you I don't mean to I just am stuck and don't have places to turn to but I do realise my thoughts are probably best off this thread and just in my head now, so. :redface: I dunno, just sorry about worrying you.

:hugs: I'm sorry it's so stressful for you, things will turn out in the end. Just keep pacing yourself so you don't burn out or that can send you into a bad-thought spiral. You're gonna do well, I'm sure.
Original post by Pathway

:hugs: I'm sorry it's so stressful for you, things will turn out in the end. Just keep pacing yourself so you don't burn out or that can send you into a bad-thought spiral. You're gonna do well, I'm sure.

Thank you so much :jumphug:

Sorry to hear things aren't great on your end, I am always just a PM away, I would literally be honoured to help you after everything you do for us in the thread. :console:

Latest