Mental Health Support Society XIX Watch

furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ooh new thread!! Been so long since the last one :eek: I'm finally off stupid autoanon too! :woo: :woo:

Spoiler:
Show

Do you mind if I change the title to capitals? It's really going to annoy me I know, I'm stupid
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by furryface12)
Ooh new thread!! Been so long since the last one :eek: I'm finally off stupid autoanon too! :woo: :woo:

Spoiler:
Show

Do you mind if I change the title to capitals? It's really going to annoy me I know, I'm stupid

Go for it! I did it on my phone so I'm actually really surprised I managed to make the thread so successfully!
chelseadagg3r
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
struggling like heck
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
struggling like heck
What's going on? :console:
chelseadagg3r
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I've been alone at uni for a few hours now, no one else has moved in yet. I just feel like I have no control. I feel safer here for myself, but my mum is stuck back home with my brother who is getting worse again but keeps lying to his doctors and I can't stop thinking about her safety and the safety of my pets and stuff. I'm so worried this is too big a step
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
I've been alone at uni for a few hours now, no one else has moved in yet. I just feel like I have no control. I feel safer here for myself, but my mum is stuck back home with my brother who is getting worse again but keeps lying to his doctors and I can't stop thinking about her safety and the safety of my pets and stuff. I'm so worried this is too big a step
I don't really know what to suggest about your brother, surely his doctors aren't that stupid? I'm not doubting you just saying shouldn't they like expect this?

With you, I remember that first night at uni it can feel really intimidating not knowing what's going to happen or who you're going to meet but it'll work out for you. Maybe try to distract yourself for now until you get into the swing of things? It's a massive life change so it's normal to feel uneasy even more so with what you've said here about your worries about your mum and pets.
chelseadagg3r
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't really know what to suggest about your brother, surely his doctors aren't that stupid? I'm not doubting you just saying shouldn't they like expect this?

With you, I remember that first night at uni it can feel really intimidating not knowing what's going to happen or who you're going to meet but it'll work out for you. Maybe try to distract yourself for now until you get into the swing of things? It's a massive life change so it's normal to feel uneasy even more so with what you've said here about your worries about your mum and pets.
He sees his CPN the most and he seems to think he could do no harm and just gets a bit angry sometimes, and tells him that it happens to everyone and he just needs to learn to deal with it better. I wasn't allowed to talk at home the past couple of weeks while he was near enough to hear because me even speaking to my mum was enough for him to be close to setting off but his doctors aren't dealing with it at all

yeah hopefully I'll be more distracted tomorrow. gonna let myself have a lie in and get enrollment and stuff over withif j feel up to it. The last thing I want to do right now is to out clubbing so I don't know whether to force myself and hope it works out or chill and look after myself and risk my relations with the. It's so much more difficult than I anticipated ;(
PandaWho
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
why do i feel wide awake? i have a *****y shift to get through tomorrow but i just want cuddles .

though on the plus side might be getting my new tattoo on Saturday!
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
He sees his CPN the most and he seems to think he could do no harm and just gets a bit angry sometimes, and tells him that it happens to everyone and he just needs to learn to deal with it better. I wasn't allowed to talk at home the past couple of weeks while he was near enough to hear because me even speaking to my mum was enough for him to be close to setting off but his doctors aren't dealing with it at all

yeah hopefully I'll be more distracted tomorrow. gonna let myself have a lie in and get enrollment and stuff over withif j feel up to it. The last thing I want to do right now is to out clubbing so I don't know whether to force myself and hope it works out or chill and look after myself and risk my relations with the. It's so much more difficult than I anticipated ;(
That's just...I don't even have words. :nothing: I guess you or your mum have tried talking to his doctors already - what with confidentiality etc there's probably not much you guys can do I suppose? I don't know what to suggest. I really do hope things improve on that front for you and your mum though. :hugs:

I hate clubbing; much prefer a quiet drink and a few games of pool in a pub but for some reason a lot of students seem to really like clubbing. :dontknow: If you don't want to then it'll just be a waste of money although I get your point about risking relations, it is often a bonding thing especially at the start. Are you planning to join any societies? I was gonna say that I think you should do what you're most comfortable with, but I think that's bad advice - university is often about leaving your comfort zone a bit and putting yourself in new situations. People often say you regret things you didn't do more than things you did but it's up to you, if it results in you being in a lot of pain or something then maybe not worth it.
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Go for it! I did it on my phone so I'm actually really surprised I managed to make the thread so successfully!
That's impressive on your phone! I normally manage to break it somehow but it looks really good.

chelseadagg3r :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
purple-duck
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The letters are pink :eek:

:eek3: :woo: :yay: :woo: :eek3:

*subscribes*
Deyesy
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's a shiny shine :excited: Subbing of course
TheAnxiousSloth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm feeling really happy this morning which worries me because when that has happened in the past, my mood has dropped substantially shortly after.

I have an ESA interview this afternoon and I'm just hoping that the person I see won't be a b**** , otherwise my intuitions will be correct!
Anonymous #5
Report 1 year ago
I like ****
Airmed
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
New thread, omg :awesome:
username2835262
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
New thread! :woo:

I had my out-patient appointment at the hospital yesterday, and it went very well. After a quick chat they said that I won’t need any future appointments and they would advise my GP to taper me off of my antidepressants.

I will probably still have a meet up with my GP every few months to check how i’m doing. I’m also really glad to be coming off of this medication as I think it’s messing with my head...
Pathway
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
(Original post by W. A. Mozart)

I had my out-patient appointment at the hospital yesterday, and it went very well. After a quick chat they said that I won’t need any future appointments and they would advise my GP to taper me off of my antidepressants.

I will probably still have a meet up with my GP every few months to check how i’m doing. I’m also really glad to be coming off of this medication as I think it’s messing with my head...
Man, that's so awesome! Huge congrats to you coming off the antidepressants and no more appointments. :five:
Noodlzzz
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by W. A. Mozart)

I'm so pleased for you :hugs:
The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
New thread :danceboy:

Small victory: I managed to go back to work today after being on sick leave for 2 weeks

Huge hugs to all :grouphugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.68%
No (601)
72.32%

Watched Threads