How do i learn loads of french words? Watch

Slayingrobin
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So im studying gcse french, but im trash at it, whenever i try to revise by reading, its mostly just the really common words and some others that i cant't remember, how do i learn these words?
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Slayingrobin)
So im studying gcse french, but im trash at it, whenever i try to revise by reading, its mostly just the really common words and some others that i cant't remember, how do i learn these words?
Quizlet and memrise
sanibonani
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
make a memrise account- you can search for a course called 'AQA GCSE French'.(if you're doing AQA) has all the vocab for the different themes and other basic words really helps
Slayingrobin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by sanibonani)
make a memrise account- you can search for a course called 'AQA GCSE French'.(if you're doing AQA) has all the vocab for the different themes and other basic words really helps
Im doing edexcell and at the beginning of year 10 if that helps
sanibonani
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
well the French is still French - the themes are the same as well i think. You should start as soon as possible, I didn't pay attention in year 10 and I'm trying to make up for it now.
purplesockmonkey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hopefully your teacher will have given you lots of sheets with vocab on. Put ALL of this vocab into Quizlet and do it every day to learn it (don't drive yourself mad though lol). If your teacher hasn't given you sheets, not to worry -- buy a phrasebook, you can get them anywhere. Learning vocab will help you unreal amounts -- not only with writing but with reading, speaking, and listening too. Best of luck!
purplesockmonkey
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh, also, have a notebook and write down any words you don't know it in. Then make a separate vocab test out of these. Will help soooo much trust me
Maddie Ghe
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Slayingrobin)
try the Leitner Memorising system, it helps a lot and it s totally worth it. just google it to learn how to get started. my class mates always ask me how come that i know so much vocab and i always reccomend the Leitner box
Rey Felipe
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Reading books you've already read in English and/or are really interesting and watching French shows with english subtitles are the most fun ways of going about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.65%
No I am happy with my course choice (521)
59.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.45%

Watched Threads