Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help history as essay :( Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Due tomorrow and I'm so stuckkk.
    "To what extent did the Weimar Republic emerge because of a desire for democracy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salwachemi)
    Due tomorrow and I'm so stuckkk.
    "To what extent did the Weimar Republic emerge because of a desire for democracy"
    Hi,

Is this GCSE or A-Level?

ReputationRep:
    Mate, there's nothing wrong with being stuck. You can go to your teacher and tell him/her and I'm sure he/she will be fine with that. I think at this stage, it's more important that you sleep, and look after your mental health. This is so much more important than doing this piece of hwork, trust me.

Regards,
    Someone who cares

ReputationRep:
    You could talk about how yes it was:

- Wilson's 14 points. Germany's armistice would only be agreed if it was made into a democratic country (so yes desire for democracy)

No:

- Economic and social devastation left by the war. People angry at the old regime. Needed a change (tbh you could argue that this was a desire for democracy, or just that it was economic reasons instead).
    - Push for stability in the rise of extremism - for example lots of communist groups / revolutions happening. e.g. the kiel mutiny sparking riots all across Germany in 1918. They needed a peaceful stable solution.

Idk sorry for being brief, I was just trying to think of these on the spot from learning it last year aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscar1602)
    You could talk about how yes it was:

- Wilson's 14 points. Germany's armistice would only be agreed if it was made into a democratic country (so yes desire for democracy)

No:

- Economic and social devastation left by the war. People angry at the old regime. Needed a change (could argue that this was a desire for democracy, or just that it was economic reasons instead).
    - Push for stability in the rise of extremism - for example lots of communist groups / revolutions happening. e.g. the kiel mutiny sparking riots all across Germany in 1918. They needed a peaceful stable solution.

Idk sorry for being brief, I was just trying to think of these on the spot from learning it last year aha.
    It's hard because it depends on what Key Stage this is for to be honest... but they're all good points so (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridges)
    It's hard because it depends on what Key Stage this is for to be honest... but they're all good points so (:
    Yeah that's true but isn't it for AS? (says 'as' in the question but I wasn't sure if they mean't AS or something else :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscar1602)
    Yeah that's true but isn't it for AS? (says 'as' in the question but I wasn't sure if they mean't AS or something else :lol:
    To be honest, I didn't even realise that :rofl:

But even then - depends on what mark question it is as to how many points they need. Why is British education so complicated :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridges)
    To be honest, I didn't even realise that :rofl:

But even then - depends on what mark question it is as to how many points they need. Why is British education so complicated :lol:
    Literally :lol::lol:. Also yeah don't spend all night on it! It's just an essay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.