Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She shares the same name as my sister...is that weird? Watch

Would you date a girl who shared the same name as your sister? Girls. Would you want to date a guy who's sister's name is the same as yours?

You know when you think you've found the 'one'? Sounds cheesy, but I think this girl is it...but she has the same name as my sister, and it's putting me off fully pursing her. I'm not sure how I feel about that. They share the same nicknames too,

Thoughts?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Try not to let it bother you too much if you think she's the one.

I personally feel odd if a guy has my brother's name and I know my brother would take the mick out of me for it all the time. But if the guy was perfect, then it wouldn't stop me!

I spoke to a guy who's sister shared my name, so we chose to call me by my middle name which was fun!

ReputationRep:
    Not siblings but I dated a guy with the same first and middle name as my father (same spellings too!). And for three years dated a guy whose name I shared with his mother. You get used to it even if it's weird in the beginning.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would you date a girl who shared the same name as your sister? Girls. Would you want to date a guy who's sister's name is the same as yours?

You know when you think you've found the 'one'? Sounds cheesy, but I think this girl is it...but she has the same name as my sister, and it's putting me off fully pursing her. I'm not sure how I feel about that. They share the same nicknames too,

Thoughts?
    What are you, 12? It's just a name... I wouldn't care at all.

(Original post by hannxm)
    Try not to let it bother you too much if you think she's the one.

I personally feel odd if a guy has my brother's name and I know my brother would take the mick out of me for it all the time. But if the guy was perfect, then it wouldn't stop me!

I spoke to a guy who's sister shared my name, so we chose to call me by my middle name which was fun!
    That's the thing, she doesn't know that I'm the one yet (😬😬), so I worried she'll be creeped out when she finds out.

Could try the middle name!...

(Original post by sinfonietta)
    Not siblings but I dated a guy with the same first and middle name as my father (same spellings too!). And for three years dated a guy whose name I shared with his mother. You get used to it even if it's weird in the beginning.
    Interesting! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It's really not a big deal at all, don't let it bother you!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Look on the bright side. At least she does not have the same name as your mommy.

ReputationRep:
    ^I took a girls number once, she had the same name as my mother, she also spelt it the same name as my mother. [and my mother spells it not the way most people spell that name]

ngl i felt a bit weird, ...but i wouldn't let something as basic as a name be a dealbreaker..........

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.