Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would I stand a chance in getting an interview for Cambridge land economy?
    Gcse: 5A* 6A 1B
    As: AAAB (economics, geography, financial studies, maths respectively)
    Predictions: A*AAA(economics, geography, financial studies, maths respectively)
    A* in GCSE in maths, econ, geog
    Have work experience in finance sector
    (Providing I do well in TSA)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mbatshuayi)
    Would I stand a chance in getting an interview for Cambridge land economy?
    Gcse: 5A* 6A 1B
    As: AAAB (economics, geography, financial studies, maths respectively)
    Predictions: A*AAA(economics, geography, financial studies, maths respectively)
    A* in GCSE in maths, econ, geog
    Have work experience in finance sector
    (Providing I do well in TSA)
    Thanks
    If your predicted at least their minimum requirement, you're likely to get interview as long as they think the prediction is credible enough.
    But getting an interview is the easiest part of Cambridge application. They interview anyone who has realistic chance of getting an offe = 70-80% of all applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    If your predicted at least their minimum requirement, you're likely to get interview as long as they think the prediction is credible enough.
    But getting an interview is the easiest part of Cambridge application. They interview anyone who has realistic chance of getting an offe = 70-80% of all applicants.
    True, apparently you even do an assessment during the interview. Still unsure whether i should go for it

ReputationRep:
    True, apparently you even do an assessment during the interview. Still unsure whether i should go for it
    It's only one choice among 5 you can put on ucas.

ReputationRep:
    It's only one choice among 5 you can put on ucas.
    I know but it means id have to do my application by mid october, which ive barely worked on cos i didnt think id apply oxbridge. Was hoping on warwick as first choice before

ReputationRep:
    I know but it means id have to do my application by mid october, which ive barely worked on cos i didnt think id apply oxbridge. Was hoping on warwick as first choice before
    It'd only depend on whether and how much you want to study at Cambridge. You're the only person who can answer that and make a decision.

ReputationRep:
    It'd only depend on whether and how much you want to study at Cambridge. You're the only person who can answer that and make a decision.
    Cheers mate i'll most likely apply long as i know i can stand a chance, Cambridge would be a dream

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.