Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how to deal with noisy flatmate? Watch

Announcements

5 out of 6 nights, my neighbour always noisy anytime between 0:00 and 5:00 late night/early morning. the girl and her boyfriend always chatting, having sex loudly like a dying hamster with all the moaning and awfully loud squeaking bed noise and sometimes wall bump that always woke me up very early in the morning or make me unable to sleep.

last year, I barely hear any noise from my chinese neighbour who also like to bring his gf at night in occasion, and I can actually rest peacefully without disturbance, ESPECIALLY during my bed time.

It's my first time in 4 years in the UK having actual british neighbour, so I don't know if its just british thing to not sleep at night, esp for popular looking girl, but it's really annoying and disturb me so much. I cant bring this up to her without making it awkward, especially when it is still our first week as flatmates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    5 out of 6 nights, my neighbour always noisy anytime between 0:00 and 5:00 late night/early morning. the girl and her boyfriend always chatting, having sex loudly like a dying hamster with all the moaning and awfully loud squeaking bed noise and sometimes wall bump that always woke me up very early in the morning or make me unable to sleep.

last year, I barely hear any noise from my chinese neighbour who also like to bring his gf at night in occasion, and I can actually rest peacefully without disturbance, ESPECIALLY during my bed time.

It's my first time in 4 years in the UK having actual british neighbour, so I don't know if its just british thing to not sleep at night, esp for popular looking girl, but it's really annoying and disturb me so much. I cant bring this up to her without making it awkward, especially when it is still our first week as flatmates.
    Tell her to shut the hell up.

One time I had a neighbour come upstairs asking me to keep the noise down. I told her she had no right to ask me and I didn't stop. She moved out soon after but I'm not sure if it was because of me.

But assuming your neighbour is much nicer than I am then all you have to do is ask nicely but firmly. Or...tell the landlord...call the police and say it's a disturbance. Idk.

ReputationRep:
    Kill them
    • Very Important Poster

I like the fact you want to **** off the Brits. Dear me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    Kill them
    :hide:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.