Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i dont like the idea of having sex with girls who aren't virgins, do i have a problem Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i don't know why i'm like this, is there some psychological reason behind it. I would like to know because i am always trying to improve myself and if there is some sort of unhealthy reason or bad attitude trait or anything like this i want to get rid of it. don't hate please i'm trying to better myself

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind if you're the one who took their virginity ? Is it good after you took her virginity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Do you mind if you're the one who took their virginity ? Is it good after you took her virginity
    i have never really thought about this i kind of feel bad about it now.

Tbh it's not bad, I generally feel sick when I hear a guys slept with over 50 + people, like I generally don't get it and why do people count. It's usually the other way round I swear, I'm a virgin but I feel like guys will care about my inexperience.

It's a personal preference, can't really tell you if there's a psychological reason behind it because I don't know you.

ReputationRep:
    No. It's just preferential. If you started to make them feel bad about it or if there was a sort of sexist ideal and standard behind why you felt that way then I mean it'd be out of line but as it stands - everyone has preferences.

You should probably try and go beyond a surface analysis and figure out why you feel that way, then you'll know the answer to the question you're asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonamus enginER)
    i don't know why i'm like this, is there some psychological reason behind it. I would like to know because i am always trying to improve myself and if there is some sort of unhealthy reason or bad attitude trait or anything like this i want to get rid of it. don't hate please i'm trying to better myself
    I don't know what the reason would be :/

It might be a paraphilia type thing, or it might just be a general societal thing. Don"t beat yourself up about it though, as long as it's not causing you to hurt yourself/anyone else (physically or mentally) , then it's not really that big of a deal. You like what you like, and that's not really anyone's business but you and your partner's.

The best way to better yourself is to accept yourself, virgin-kinks and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadAtBiology)
    I don't know what the reason would be :/

It might be a paraphilia type thing, or it might just be a general societal thing. Don"t beat yourself up about it though, as long as it's not causing you to hurt yourself/anyone else (physically or mentally) , then it's not really that big of a deal. You like what you like, and that's not really anyone's business but you and your partner's.

The best way to better yourself is to accept yourself, virgin-kinks and all.
    i think its because i'm insecure about them leaving me, where as if i was there first partner they would be more attached. I feel like i have a problem which would be unhealthy in a relationship and i want to get rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonamus enginER)
    i think its because i'm insecure about them leaving me, where as if i was there first partner they would be more attached. I feel like i have a problem which would be unhealthy in a relationship and i want to get rid of it.
    If that's the case, you should probably work on building your confidence and self esteem Being insecure can cause problems in a relationship, so it's probably something to try and improve, although I'm not a psychologist so I wouldn't know how you'd go about doing that :/ It might be an idea to see a counsellor or something similar because self esteem and the like can be pretty tricky ro try and tackle on your own, and it might just be a symptom of a bigger problem such as anxiety or depression.

Good for you that you're self aware and can reflext well, but again, you don't need to be so self critical. That's probably doing you more harm than good, you need to work on yourself as an individual before you start thinking about relationships.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. You have a small penis, or fear that this is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Yes. You have a small penis, or fear that this is the case.
    It is small but i am okay with it

ReputationRep:
    yes - its called being a hypocrite

if you aren't a virgin yourself then you've got no right asking for one...

ReputationRep:
    Well, that is matter of taste, if you like virgins then stick to virgins

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.