Psychology degree starting February, restricted modules?

Watch
OhJeezRick
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I was hoping to start the psychology degree in October but unfortunately didn't get funding sorted in time so will be starting in February instead.
I had planned on doing E102 Childhood studies and child psychology but unfortunately it only runs in Oct so if I want to start in Feb I'll have to do the DD102 introduction to the social sciences.

What I'm wondering is, in my third year when it comes to my next choices, will I be restricted to certain courses by stating in February? I hope to study the investigating mental health module but now I'm worried it won't run in February and I'll be stuck picking a module I don't want. Is it best to wait until October to get the full choice of modules?

Sorry for long post!
JollyCynic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The month of your first module at the OU will always be the start date of your seasonal academic year. You're restricted to 120 credits in any one seasonal academic year. If you start with 60 credits in February for DD102, you can't then start a full intensity 120 credits in October.

If you only plan to study 60 credits at a time, it shouldn't be an issue.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads