Educational professionals Access To HE

Watch this thread
shellbell10
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Wow! What an amazing course!

For anyone seeking a career in Education, this course is perfect!

I understand taking on an access course is not for the fainted hearted but with determination and a shear passion for the subject matter, anyone can succeed and achieve.

My course runs over two full days at college and I have lined up my school placement to attend one full day alongside my college days. The placement will run from November to May.

After just two lessons, here are the topics I have been taught so far:

Educational theorists - piaget, vygotsky etc...

The effects of media on aggression in children

Child development

English Literature - Read a fascinating book called "The yellow wallpaper"
Analysed poetry and short texts, in different genres.

Other topics yet to be taught will cover:

Practical applications

The role of play in child development

Work experience portfolio.

Policy and change

The past two days I have researched all the topics and used my Harvard ref knowledge to get a head start before the assignments, essays, projects etc... are launched. I have read so many books, journals, lots of online research, watched videos, signed up to DFE and the guardians for alerts on teaching articles.

On the course we will complete research projects, micro teach, and finally exams.

My only advice to protential students is that orgainisation is key. Plan your study and time effectively and be prepared to be fully focused.

I would love to hear from anyone doing the same course, Or if anyone needs any questions answering, feel free to ask.

Thanks for reading

Michelle
happy_in_
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Completed this course last year! It was the best thing I ever did. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (92)
41.82%
They're exactly what I expected (53)
24.09%