Help?! Boyfriend in hospital

Watch
LittleBitFunny
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Me and my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years recently split up, he took it the worst way possible and has a history of serious depression, last night i and a few of my friends found out he had been overdosing on pills and is now being kept in hospital, i cant help but feel this is all my fault, if i never broke up with him he woukdnt be in hospital now? I feel awful
Sykeology
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LittleBitFunny)
Me and my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years recently split up, he took it the worst way possible and has a history of serious depression, last night i and a few of my friends found out he had been overdosing on pills and is now being kept in hospital, i cant help but feel this is all my fault, if i never broke up with him he woukdnt be in hospital now? I feel awful
If your own friend said this:

"Me and boyfriend didn't work out so we ended it after 3 and a half years. He took it badly and overdosed, now recovering in hospital. I can't believe it, it's all my fault. I shouldn't have left, I should have stayed in it regardless of if it worked or not."

What would you say? "Yep. You done goofed, you messed up. You should have suffered the relationship for the greater good."?

Don't beat yourself up.
It's not your fault.
Break ups happen. Some take it well, some don't. C'est la vie.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Break ups happen. If you cheated or did something unusually cruel then maybe you could feel guilty over this but not for a normal break up. You can't stay with someone indefinitely because they might harm themselves. And think of it this way... he may be in a bad place right now, but this could be the catalyst he needs to get more help and really get his life back on track and be independently happy.
Guy_Specs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LittleBitFunny)
You know how you women feel about clothes, you know that one item and you think will change your life completely and you couldn't be with out it?

Well to an extent that's how us guys are like (well the one's who can't just pull any girl they like). For you to just break up with him without a good reason would damage any guy, especially after a 3.5yr relationship.

I wouldn't recommend seeing him, i wouldn't want to be in the same locale as a woman who broke my heart and lead me to overdose and be admitted to hospital. But don't be too hard on yourself, as women do start 2/3 of divorces on average across the western world. At least he's not having to pay alimony to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (121)
15.69%
Uncertainty around my education (125)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (72)
9.34%
Isolating with family (51)
6.61%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (30)
3.89%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (66)
8.56%
Loneliness (81)
10.51%
Financial worries (32)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (70)
9.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (50)
6.49%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (73)
9.47%

Watched Threads