ReputationRep:
    I’m so interested in other people’s religions and beliefs

Please share yours below!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sociologygem)

I don't follow any religion, I just live by my own set of values like being kind to others, not doing wrong things etc etc and I am happy that way.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in Jesus Christ
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't follow any religion but I do not rule out the possibility of a god. I think religions are pretty interesting and I understand why a lot of people believe in it.

ReputationRep:
    I believe in humanity

ReputationRep:
    And science 😌

ReputationRep:

I've looked at most religions and been non religious too. The reason I am a Christian is because I wanted to find the truth and did.

John 14 v 6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an independent spiritualist. I basically do fanfiction of every religion I can get my hands on.

Some of my weird theories are that Islam was created by the devil, who is also Loki (so, a trickster, not evil. More a force of destruction to balance out creation) and Jesus was Buddha. It's as nonsensical as it gets but I like to try and work in a bit of everyone. At the end of the day I think most religious text is folklore or embellished so I have a little fun with it.

my core belief is reincarnation is a thing and that virtues such as charity, forgiveness and goodwill without coercion are the greatest things to strive for. I believe that appreciation (for example while eating a good meal) is a form of worship. I keep telling myself to go vegetarian too, but I'm a ******* for beef, a prick for pork, a loser for lamb and a cretin for chicken.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...terms-at-least

i rest my case

ReputationRep:
    I believe in withholding judgement If there is a lack of any credible evidence

ReputationRep:
    I am God.

ReputationRep:
    Agnostic Hinduism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuriousGuy777)
    Agnostic Hinduism
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat712)
    Same
    Happy Navratri

ReputationRep:

Good, but not as interested as Jesus is in your relationship with him, (not religion).

He says you need to be born again, do you know what that experience is or when the disciples had it?

ReputationRep:
    I believe that a God may exist, but I think religion is a bad idea. What's wrong with just being a good person and avoiding immorality? Some religions actively focus on this of course, but when the followers of the religion see it fit to lambaste or even attack those whose actions oppose the beliefs of said religion, that's when it gets silly. If God is supposed to be all-powerful, then if you really believe that he exists, you shouldn't need to take things into your own hands - let him deal with non-believers when and how he sees fit to do so.

ReputationRep:
    I am a Muslim and believe in Islam. I believe that there is no deity but Allah and Muhammad (peace be upon him) is his final messenger.

I am also interested in other people's religions and beliefs! I'm particularly curious about Judaism and Sikhism.

ReputationRep:
    I'm muslim and I would say I have a very spiritual approach to my religon. I find a lot of peace and contentment in Islam and in other religions also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuriousGuy777)
    Happy Navratri
    Thank you! Happy Navratri to you as well

ReputationRep:
    Not relevant
    (Original post by NJA)
    Good, but not as interested as Jesus is in your relationship with him, (not religion).

He says you need to be born again, do you know what that experience is or when the disciples had it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.