The Student Room Group

Dealing with no contact breakup what do I do?

So recently at uni my girlfriend of 7 months broke up with me because I took a picture of her without a shirt, but completely covered up with a blanket and sent it to only her on snapchat. She got mad, ignored me for a day, and then broke up with me on Sunday. Its been a couple days, and she's been ignoring me since Monday. On Monday, I asked her if this breakup was going to be permanent or short, and she said she couldn't answer but "I don't think the waiting is fair for either of us" She described the waiting as "waiting for me to be better, to want other things again or my life to be normal again". She's going through some hard times regarding what she wants to major in (its our second year at uni), combined with some health problems with her hair and schoolwork. She said in a phone call that it would be easier to break up with me than deal with me stressing her out, but I can count on one hand the amount of times I've actually made her mad. On top of that, she even said the day before she broke up with me that she "feels like she's being overdramatic, but at the same time her feelings are valid" and she prayed for an answer (she's Catholic). Bottom-line, she's ignoring me, I've stopped attempting to contact her, and I want to move on, but at the same time I'm still worried about her and I want to talk about this with her because I have never been happier with anyone else when I was dating her. I'm torn because I don't want to move on in case she wants me back, judging by her past actions, but I also don't know if I want to be with her. I just am stuck in a quagmire and I have idea how to get out
Something I left out: She has struggled the previous times with getting back together not because she didn't want to be with me again, she told me she didn't feel like she was good enough for me and kept saying she's crazy and I shouldn't have to deal with her craziness. She was worried about being in an on and off relationship, and she always said she felt horrible for how she treated me. I've told her that she needs to talk to me about stuff I do wrong rather than break up with me first, because we are both adults and need to have these mature conversations. I'm just confused right now because she said she thinks waiting for her to be better would be unfair to us both, but I don't see how it is, and I don't know how to move on because she was a very unique girl and I don't know if someone can make me feel like that again.
What is it about her that you like? I'm assuming you're attached. Is she to you?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
What is it about her that you like? I'm assuming you're attached. Is she to you?

She's really cute, smart, compassionate, and beautiful. I know she cares a lot about me. She is the first person I've really been able to open up to and she opened up to me. When she had a full time job over the summer, she would always call me after she was done because she wanted to talk to me and she said she wanted to be there for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending