The Student Room Group

would you say these are moderate or strong GCSEs?

9A*s and 2As

are they strong, moderate or weak?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Very poor. Literal waste of time tier.

Also people who make these threads should legit be deported.
not asking for an ego boost, asking because a university scores gcses in this way so I want to see how they would score me
Original post by GrabDrop
Very poor. Literal waste of time tier.

Also people who make these threads should legit be deported.

please read above post
I'd say they're very strong and stable
Reply 5
Original post by yesmynameis
not asking for an ego boost, asking because a university scores gcses in this way so I want to see how they would score me

please read above post

My comment stands big man. BMT go outside and do something.Wallahi, you probably need that Vitamin D based on those GCSEs.
Reply 6
Well...

You do only have 82% A*s at GCSE...

:colone:
My comment stands big man. BMT go outside and do something.Wallahi, you probably need that Vitamin D based on those GCSEs.

my social life is great alhamdolilah if thats what you're asking matie
Original post by Tantalus
Well...

You do only have 82% A*s at GCSE...

:colone:

but my question is would that be strong or moderate? because people applying for medicine will have all A*s soooo...
Reply 9
Stupid thread, stupid question. You obviously know those grades are great. Don't be stupid.
The Student Room isn't the best place to come to determine trends...
Original post by Quizlet
Stupid thread, stupid question. You obviously know those grades are great. Don't be stupid.

please refer to my second post. I am not posting to brag, I want to know whether they would be classed as moderate or strong, seeing as many people have 13A*s for medicine
9A*s and 2As

Disgrace, only 82% of your grades are A*. You should be ashamed.
please refer to my second post. I am not posting to brag, I want to know whether they would be classed as moderate or strong, seeing as many people have 13A*s for medicine

9A* is more than enough. Those are strong enough. Work on an excellent PS and getting relevant W.E.

im deadddddd omg

since when??? my friend got into medicine with 3A*
Mate, not everyone who is applying for medicine has 13 A*s. Anyway, even with weak GCSEs, there are plenty of routes into medicine.

You belittling your own amazing grades is a slap in the face for all the people who tried hard in their GCSEs yet weren't able to achieve as highly.
9A*s and 2As

GCSEs are only as strong as the person carrying them. And given you have to ask...

They won't be a barrier to getting into anything (OK, apart from bragging clubs). Focus on your A-levels and other parts of your application.
You need at least 20 A*s to even be considered by London Met, sorry :frown:
is this seriously a question lol

GCSE wise you're fine, but don't assume this means you're safe. You've got A levels which are way more important and that is what unis mainly look at, and then there's your personal statement, which is harder than it sounds, trust me. They want to accept someone who is of the right academic standards, but also has the right personality traits.

Quick Reply

Latest