Which problem was bigger and more difficult to solve for Weimar republic? Watch

prish99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Which problem was bigger and more difficult to solve for Weimar republic: Treaty of Versailles or Violence or Hyperinflation? Which was the easiest to solve?
President Snow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try making some bullet point notes on the reasons why each problem was big and/or difficult to solve, then writeup your essay outlining the case for why each was big and/or difficult to solve, followed by a conclusion which chooses one and explains briefly why you think it was the biggest (hint: it doesn't really matter which you choose as long as you can rigorously justify your answer).

Best of luck.
GrabDrop
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How is a piece of a paper a bigger issue than a literal worthless currency. Big up my man Stresseman
Tenyk
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would go with Hyperinflation as the biggest problem. They couldn't see a way out of this because the whole country would have starved either way. The treaty of Versailles showed how much they were hated by other countries meaning that they were unlikely to get a bail out from anyone. Furthermore, it wasn't started by them, it was triggered by the great depression in America meaning that they couldn't find a way out of it until the USA did and even then it would be worse for Germany as they still had to keep repaying money in reparations so they were literally given no breathing room to sort out their finances.

BTW i'm in year 13 and haven't studied the Wiemar Republic for two years but I found it really interesting and got an A overall so take what i'm saying with a grain of salt.
Medyk2017
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Of course Treaty of Versailles was the most difficult to solve as it was a binding international treaty after Germany lost the war and had to therefore submit to the treaty obligations. Weimar's withdrawal from these terms could mean another war, or simply continuation of the newly finished war, and Germany had no resources to continue fighting.

Hyperinflation could be tackled with fiscal reforms and was in my opinion the easiest to solve, but this was related to the heavy reparations from public expenditure from the Treaty of Versailles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (115)
17.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (113)
17.3%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.85%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (196)
30.02%

Watched Threads