Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tinder and shyness? Watch

Announcements

I've been talking to someone for a while and I get very anxious at the thought of meeting up in person. Does anyone have any tips or what are your experiences meeting up with people?
    The more we talk online the more I worry they'll be disappointed when we actually meet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been talking to someone for a while and I get very anxious at the thought of meeting up in person. Does anyone have any tips or what are your experiences meeting up with people?
    The more we talk online the more I worry they'll be disappointed when we actually meet.
    Bite the bullet IMO.
    Just go for it. You need to break that ice and get it over and done with one time at least. Maybe it goes great and you try dating. Maybe it goes horrible and never speak. What's the worse that you could happen? You met on Tinder, you're hardly next-of-kin, figuratively.

Break that ice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My experiences have been mixed. The first couple of people I met we got on well, had a few drinks and things seemed to go really well and we kept talking for a while afterwards. The last person I met things didn't go aswell. They didn't go badly but she said we would be better of as friends then we just didn't talk anymore. I think it just depends on what you do when you meet up and how well the conversation flows really. Just try not to overthink things and you should be ok.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This is why you meet up with them as soon as possible. It's essentially just meeting a new person, don't overthink it and try to get to know them more.

ReputationRep:
    Someone please tell em WHAT THE **** IS KINDER?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.