Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gone into 3yr with a credit deficit. Feel like crying right now :( Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im in 3rd Year of Education studies and want to apply for my pgce primary course this year but due to my punctuality issues in 2nd year (personal problems), I received an X grade in a module, meaning that im 30 credits below and cant graduate this summer unless I make up for it somehow. My uni said the only way is to do a summer camp thing next summer but thats when Im supposed to graduate . My other alternative is that I can do it at another uni via distance learning (Open University) but I called them yday and they said its too late to register. This is makibg me depressed. What shall I do?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like the summer camp is your only option. Not ideal, but you don't seem to have much of a choice. You'll still be able to graduate, just not as the same time as your class. Many people end up deferring graduation anyway for a number of reasons. You're not alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Seems like the summer camp is your only option. Not ideal, but you don't seem to have much of a choice. You'll still be able to graduate, just not as the same time as your class. Many people end up deferring graduation anyway for a number of reasons. You're not alone.
    I will try and find another way hopefully
    • Very Important Poster

summer camp is obvious choice and you are lucky to have it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    summer camp is obvious choice and you are lucky to have it.
    But I Want to graduate this summer.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Are you six? You can't graduate this summer, you haven't done enough credits. You have to do the summer course.
    • Very Important Poster

I cant see it. Think you lost it when you lost the module. Thats the price. I dont think they would have allowed your OU solution anyway. Go and see an adviser at SU, but cnat see another solution. Maybe they will let you take a non honours degree, but depends what the rules say.

If you do the summer school then you lose no time.

ReputationRep:
    I cant see it. Think you lost it when you lost the module. Thats the price. I dont think they would have allowed your OU solution anyway. Go and see an adviser at SU, but cnat see another solution. Maybe they will let you take a non honours degree, but depends what the rules say.

If you do the summer school then you lose no time.
    Well I want to do my pgce in septermber 2018 so ofcourse I will have lost time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Are you six? You can't graduate this summer, you haven't done enough credits. You have to do the summer course.
    Theres no need need to be so patronising. hope someone kicks you when youre down

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised they allowed you onto 3rd year in that case...

You'll just have to do the summer school, you should still get your final grade for before the PGCE is due to start so it shouldn't affect anything other than you not getting much of a summer holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    I'm surprised they allowed you onto 3rd year in that case...

You'll just have to do the summer school, you should still get your final grade for before the PGCE is due to start so it shouldn't affect anything other than you not getting much of a summer holiday.
    It was an optional module

ReputationRep:
    The module itself was an option. The amount of credits you have to complete are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    The module itself was an option. The amount of credits you have to complete are not.
    I was responding to him asking how they let me onto 3rd year. idk what you're point is..
    • Very Important Poster

Well I want to do my pgce in septermber 2018 so ofcourse I will have lost time
    Wont they accept your application? id have thought youd have your result by then?

If the reason you got an X was unjustified and you have mitigating circumstances then make an appeal.

If it was correct then just take it on the chin. I cant see another way round it. Most people dont have the option of summer school.

Not everyone bothers with graduation.

ReputationRep:
    Wont they accept your application? id have thought youd have your result by then?

If the reason you got an X was unjustified and you have mitigating circumstances then make an appeal.

If it was correct then just take it on the chin. I cant see another way round it. Most people dont have the option of summer school.

Not everyone bothers with graduation.
    My plan is to never miss a single seminar or lecture this month and to make friends with my tutors/leaders. And then beg them to see if I can take a 2nd year module within 3rd year.

All I can do is pray hard for a miracle at this point.

ReputationRep:
    If you have that large a credit deficit then they usually wouldn't let you continue, at most unis even a 10 credit deficit without repeating wouldn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    optional as in you had a choice of module. you simply cant graduate without that 30 points. no matter how much you want it. assuming you pass it in the summer you will then be able to carry on in the autumn term. you are really lucky most courses dont allow this. you would have ended up with nothing. as you failed the course. your still a degree holder next summer. a lot of unis have a winter degree service.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulbarlow)
    optional as in you had a choice of module. you simply cant graduate without that 30 points. no matter how much you want it. assuming you pass it in the summer you will then be able to carry on in the autumn term. you are really lucky most courses dont allow this. you would have ended up with nothing. as you failed the course. your still a degree holder next summer. a lot of unis have a winter degree service.
    Whats a winter degree service?

ReputationRep:
    Whats a winter degree service?
    The graduation service, except it's in winter, usually only for postgrads though and late finishing undergrads will just be given their degree rather than going through the whole graduation service

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    The graduation service, except it's in winter, usually only for postgrads though and late finishing undergrads will just be given their degree rather than going through the whole graduation service
    Will i still be able to do my pgce that september though?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.