Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask me anything about Korea Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Since North Korea is on the news all the time because of Kim's ambition for nukes so I thought it might be a cool idea to create this thread.
    PS I am south korean not north korea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seungy_Han)
    Since North Korea is on the news all the time because of Kim's ambition for nukes so I thought it might be a cool idea to create this thread.
    PS I am south korean not north korea.
    How do you feel about reunifying north and south korea?Good idea or not?

ReputationRep:
    omgggg you're south korean?
    have you ever gone to a kpop concert?

ReputationRep:
    Don't tell me what to do :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    As a South Korean do you support Trumps stance on North Korea and do you support the presence of the US military in South Korea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    How do you feel about reunifying north and south korea?Good idea or not?
    Although there are a number of mixed responses about reunifying korea, I belive that it is a good idea. Although in a short-term there would be problems such as the recovery of north korea and which political system the "new" korea should take up. But in a long-term there would be more land and resources korea can use to improve the economy. Also there are families that were split due to the devision of korea I think it would be a relive for them to see each other in one piece after north and south korea unites.

ReputationRep:
    Although there are a number of mixed responses about reunifying korea, I belive that it is a good idea. Although in a short-term there would be problems such as the recovery of north korea and which political system the "new" korea should take up. But in a long-term there would be more land and resources korea can use to improve the economy. Also there are families that were split due to the devision of korea I think it would be a relive for them to see each other in one piece after north and south korea unites.
    Do you think the reunification will ever happen and if yes when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai's Wife)
    omgggg you're south korean?
    have you ever gone to a kpop concert?
    unfortunately no but I have seen IU sing in a event because she was a special guest there.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately no but I have seen IU sing in a event because she was a special guest there.
    omggg
    what groups you into btw? and do you also watch kdrama without subs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asamedkaradal)
    As a South Korean do you support Trumps stance on North Korea and do you support the presence of the US military in South Korea?
    Trumps aggressive approach does worry at times because if a war ever happens, it's South Korea that is going to have to bare the damage of North Korea not USA I think he should be aggressive but not in a way to provoke North Korea to go into a war.
    For the presence of the US military in Korea I think they do give us protection from North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    Do you think the reunification will ever happen and if yes when?
    I think it would happen but looking at the situation right now I think it would either be war or the collapse of the Kim regime due to the people going against it. Either way it would take a long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kai's Wife)
    omggg
    what groups you into btw? and do you also watch kdrama without subs?
    I am into singers of YG entertainment and I don't watch kdrama but I do watch Korean variety shows without subs

ReputationRep:
    Wait do you live in South Korea or are you just from there, or both?

ReputationRep:
    I am into singers of YG entertainment and I don't watch kdrama but I do watch Korean variety shows without subs
    ooo, I like YG as well; especially ikon, blackpink and bigbang
    and omg that's amazing; i wish i could watch the stuff that arent subbed man; especially weekly idol ;--;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cc85734)
    Wait do you live in South Korea or are you just from there, or both?
    I was born and lived there for 13 years and now I am living in England but I know enough to answer most of your information

ReputationRep:
    Do you prefer England or S.Korea? and why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spidle)
    Do you prefer England or S.Korea? and why?
    Pretty hard question I prefer England for education because it's not as intense as S Korea but the food in Korea is nicer than the food in England. So can't really asnwer than question.

ReputationRep:
    Do you take pity upon your lesser developed northern neighbours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy_Specs)
    Do you take pity upon your lesser developed northern neighbours?

I guess we do take pity because of the way the North Korean citizens are treated there. There are a lot of private organsiations that try to send resources to try to help the citizens but the methods are questionable and have a high probability that it won't work.

ReputationRep:
    Are the studying hours really bad and does it mess up your sleep schedule and growth in the early years. Like you finish school and do to like tutoring until 11PM and do even more revision till 2AM at home. Also is suicidal talk looked down upon or just glanced over?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.