Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i the only one who thinks..... Watch

Announcements

okay, i will probably get a lot of hate for this but....
    Am I the only one who thinks people should have to say what gender (originally) they are in formal **** e.g passports, health records
    I don't care what people identify themselves and I have no problem with people who are transgender or something but I feel like its basic and necessary in formal documents to say what a person is biologically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    okay, i will probably get a lot of hate for this but....
    Am I the only one who thinks people should have to say what gender (originally) they are in formal **** e.g passports, health records
    I don't care what people identify themselves and I have no problem with people who are transgender or something but I feel like its basic and necessary in formal documents to say what a person is biologically
    I think if someone was born with a penis they're a male
    a vagina = female.
    transgender = so male = tmale, female = tfemale. etc.
    (lets say you trans from male to attack hellicopter, I'd still say you'd be a tmale and thats it)

Obviously later on you can identify as what you want. But ya, for passports, birth certificates etc it'd be easier, less storage space on the computer, less hassle etc.

(Original post by Relentas)
    I think if someone was born with a penis they're a male
    a vagina = female.
    transgender = so male = tmale, female = tfemale. etc.
    (lets say you trans from male to attack hellicopter, I'd still say you'd be a tmale and thats it)

Obviously later on you can identify as what you want. But ya, for passports, birth certificates etc it'd be easier, less storage space on the computer, less hassle etc.
    exactly I don't know why it's a debate its simple really lol
    and when you pint this out people get butthurt over it

*point

ReputationRep:
    I sexually identify as a wheat field.

ReputationRep:
    I think that makes an assumption that all transgender bodies are the same. If a trans-woman is post-op should she really have to say what biologically used to be when she doesn't even have a penis anymore? And should anyone pre-op have to declare that when it might just make them dysphoric while trying to enjoy a holiday?

And does it really matter on a passport? Obviously it matters for medical stuff but for travel what difference does it make if your gender expression doesn't 'match up' with what's in your pants?

ReputationRep:
    exactly I don't know why it's a debate its simple really lol
    and when you pint this out people get butthurt over it
    Yea, I agree tbh. you can be what you want when your older as long as you just label your passport as what you were born as or something.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. Doesn't matter if someone identifies as a holicopter :erm:

ReputationRep:
    There are only 2 genders
    Male and female

(Original post by Harold Saxon)
    I sexually identify as a wheat field.
    Good for you !!

(Original post by crocodile_ears)
    I think that makes an assumption that all transgender bodies are the same. If a trans-woman is post-op should she really have to say what biologically used to be when she doesn't even have a penis anymore? And should anyone pre-op have to declare that when it might just make them dysphoric while trying to enjoy a holiday?

And does it really matter on a passport? Obviously it matters for medical stuff but for travel what difference does it make if your gender expression doesn't 'match up' with what's in your pants?
    Unless the op has changed their cells (thus chromosomes) to divide and change configuration form XX to XY or vise versa they should still be considered biologically the same gender as they went in as. Just my opinion.

(Original post by chewy suarez)
    There are only 2 genders
    Male and female
    "chewy suarez" lol that made me laugh great name

ReputationRep:
    "chewy suarez" lol that made me laugh great name
    Thanks

(Original post by chewy suarez)
    Thanks
    ur welcome i dont know why but it made me laugh so much

Unless the op has changed their cells (thus chromosomes) to divide and change configuration form XX to XY or vise versa they should still be considered biologically the same gender as they went in as. Just my opinion.
    exactly

t
    (Original post by crocodile_ears)
    okay lets say somebody faints in an airport their probably gonna look at the passport and not down their (the persons)pants!
    and when somebody's traveling it is really important to have the facts about a person
    when you go to a foreign country your given a sheet where you have to write your personal info eg age,date of birth, gender,any health problems so that the country you go know what there dealing with lol

(Original post by starfab)
    Agreed. Doesn't matter if someone identifies as a holicopter :erm:
    LOL

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.