Tani1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello..i need help..im regretting and realising that I made a very wrong decision.i should’nt have done Acca.Actually Im 19 and im currently working in a bank and doing Acca part time.When I completed Acca I was in a very confused stage because I didn’t know what career path to choose or what to do..in my country a degree is very prestigious, so I took advise with lots of people..i got an Llb course,law and mgt..i would have chosen llb…I also got an internship..At that time my sister told me to do Acca and work part time because I could get experience as well as complete a professional course..but I feel I made a wrong decision and im regretting every single minute because almost all my friends went to university and are even doing Acca along..i think they are better off at the end and im gonna be worthless and having a limited opportunity in terms of jobs and choice..im such a fool and regret taking the decision to work and doing Acca..because in an employers point of view a degree is better and it looks good on your CV isnt it and having acca is a plus point..you can get ajob in govt and like anywhere
Also after completing level 1..i failed the first exam I took..i don’t think im good at it..its too difficult and I don’t knw if I even like it even my job is not providing me satisfaction.But im too afraid and don’t have the gut to start all over again..ive already secured a permanent job at a bank and cant lose that since my parents would be very disappointed..i also took a personal loan

Im gonna be a failure for the rest of my life..at that time I thought I did the best..now that ive realised things its too late
Please help me and advise because I cant concentrate on my daily routine
KnowYourSubject
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't be down on yourself. Stick with it. You are still young. I am in my 40's and only just qualified. You only failure when you quit. Keeping pressing forward no matter how small the steps.
AccaStudent1000
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
But you can still get a Dimploma with Oxford Brookes University when you pass all exams to F9 and do a Research Paper. You get a Bsc Hons Degree in Applied Accounting
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey there!

Please try not to panic, not all is lost! At 19, most people do not know what they want to do with the rest of their lives or career.

If you truly regret the decision of doing ACCA, then it is not too late to change. You can take a part-time university course if you wanted to continue working, or at Oxford Brookes a lot of students study full-time and are still able to work. Feel free to have a look at the courses we offer, as it may help inspire you or if you need some advice I am more than happy to help!

If you want to continue doing ACCA, but wish to gain a degree as well then we do offer the BSc Applied Accounting course. This is a unique degree partnered with ACCA, allowing you to gain both a degree and a professional qualification. Find out more about it here; https://www.brookes.ac.uk/business/u...ed-accounting/

Also, with regards to ACCA compared to a degree - they are both very valuable so please do not panic. You are gaining a professional qualification, whilst also gaining experience in a job! Try not to compare yourself to others as we all take different paths.

I hope this is helpful, more than happy to advise on anything else.

Issy
Third Year Student at Oxford Brookes
(Original post by Tani1)
Hello..i need help..im regretting and realising that I made a very wrong decision.i should’nt have done Acca.Actually Im 19 and im currently working in a bank and doing Acca part time.When I completed Acca I was in a very confused stage because I didn’t know what career path to choose or what to do..in my country a degree is very prestigious, so I took advise with lots of people..i got an Llb course,law and mgt..i would have chosen llb…I also got an internship..At that time my sister told me to do Acca and work part time because I could get experience as well as complete a professional course..but I feel I made a wrong decision and im regretting every single minute because almost all my friends went to university and are even doing Acca along..i think they are better off at the end and im gonna be worthless and having a limited opportunity in terms of jobs and choice..im such a fool and regret taking the decision to work and doing Acca..because in an employers point of view a degree is better and it looks good on your CV isnt it and having acca is a plus point..you can get ajob in govt and like anywhere
Also after completing level 1..i failed the first exam I took..i don’t think im good at it..its too difficult and I don’t knw if I even like it even my job is not providing me satisfaction.But im too afraid and don’t have the gut to start all over again..ive already secured a permanent job at a bank and cant lose that since my parents would be very disappointed..i also took a personal loan

Im gonna be a failure for the rest of my life..at that time I thought I did the best..now that ive realised things its too late
Allias Cody
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Tani1)

you sound like your not from the UK. what country are you studying in?
Philip-flop
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
So at the end of this degree you would have also passed all ACCA modules?
(Original post by Oxford Brookes University)
Hey there!

Please try not to panic, not all is lost! At 19, most people do not know what they want to do with the rest of their lives or career.

If you truly regret the decision of doing ACCA, then it is not too late to change. You can take a part-time university course if you wanted to continue working, or at Oxford Brookes a lot of students study full-time and are still able to work. Feel free to have a look at the courses we offer, as it may help inspire you or if you need some advice I am more than happy to help!

If you want to continue doing ACCA, but wish to gain a degree as well then we do offer the BSc Applied Accounting course. This is a unique degree partnered with ACCA, allowing you to gain both a degree and a professional qualification. Find out more about it here; https://www.brookes.ac.uk/business/u...ed-accounting/

Also, with regards to ACCA compared to a degree - they are both very valuable so please do not panic. You are gaining a professional qualification, whilst also gaining experience in a job! Try not to compare yourself to others as we all take different paths.

I hope this is helpful, more than happy to advise on anything else.

Issy
Third Year Student at Oxford Brookes
Basically_me
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Tani1)

hii may i know what actually happened and what have you accomplished ? Because i'm confused too and have to make a decision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads