The Student Room Group

I think I'm just a miserable person

I always feel unhappy but I'm sure I'm not depressed. Since 13/14 I just hate doing anything. School became a chore yet I still put in enough effort to get decent grades and now here I am, at university but still hating almost every aspect of my life.

I hate school, everything about it but I don't know what else to do so I just have to stick it out.

I don't think I'm going to feel happier if I graduate though. I have no idea what I'm going to do after I graduate since I have no interest in anything I can make decent money in. My experience working before only made me realise I hate working with the public which is kind of a problem since most careers involve working with others.

I've come to the conclusion that I am just a miserable person who will never be happy. Anyone else feel this way?
Original post by grl9096
I always feel unhappy but I'm sure I'm not depressed. Since 13/14 I just hate doing anything. School became a chore yet I still put in enough effort to get decent grades and now here I am, at university but still hating almost every aspect of my life.

I hate school, everything about it but I don't know what else to do so I just have to stick it out.

I don't think I'm going to feel happier if I graduate though. I have no idea what I'm going to do after I graduate since I have no interest in anything I can make decent money in. My experience working before only made me realise I hate working with the public which is kind of a problem since most careers involve working with others.

I've come to the conclusion that I am just a miserable person who will never be happy. Anyone else feel this way?

Can kind of relate, I don't think I will feel complete happiness in life.

My advice will be to keep searching for stuff that may or may not bring you happiness, research as many options as you can... and maybe you will find something in the end. Not only jobs though, like for me going to see football matches brings me happiness. I only discovered this as a late teen though.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending