Is Sadiq Khan the worst London Mayor Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Khan worst London Mayor
    Yes
    28.21%
    No
    71.79%

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, Sadiq Khan is without doubt the worst London Mayor so far- I'm not even a Londoner and I can't stand him here are a list of some of the reasons why

Terrorism is part and parcel of living in a major city- Although to a degree what he is saying here is somewhat accurate if you are looking on a continental basis. However on a domestic basis let's have a look at some of the major cities which haven't been attacked

Birmingham
    Leeds
    Sheffield
    Glasgow
    Cardiff

This was said by Sadiq in 2016- what I do not like about this is the normalisation of terrorist attacks before he became Mayor there was 1 attack in 10 years in 2017 there has been 3 alone.

He was a defence lawyer for a 911 terrorist, when a good many American lawyers refused to represent the terrorists. I don't need to say anything more on this, it's obvious at very least He is a terrorist sympathiser.

He's a massive hypocrite he wanted Donald Trump banned from the UK on the basis he would be a divisive character and would cause religious tensions between Christians and Muslims. All this despite Sadiq Khan fighting to get Farrakhans ban on coming to the UK recinded- he was banned on the basis of causing racial/religious hatred

I leave it there for now and dependent on the response I may post more later.

ReputationRep:
    he's making people like him living in london feel entitled, it's sickening

ReputationRep:
    Was expecting this to be about Uber :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bang Outta Order)
    If it wasn't for London's diversity he would of lost heavily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roasted)
    If it wasn't for London's diversity he would of lost heavily
    yep I know
    or he would've been elected just to be a puppet without the diversity still.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. He's up against stiff competition.

An anti-Semite, an imbecile and now someone with brown skin who provided people with their innate right of legal counsel and defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Was expecting this to be about Uber :lol:
    I actually agree with the decision to ban Uber from London- they do not follow procedures such as DBS checking their drivers, so there could (key word being could) of been convicted rapists driving around young women. Not only that if they are not being DBS checked they probably aren't being A&I checked meaning illegal immigrants are effectively being protected. Back to the actual topic now though...
    • Very Important Poster

In my opinion, Sadiq Khan is without doubt the worst London Mayor so far- I'm not even a Londoner and I can't stand him here are a list of some of the reasons why

Terrorism is part and parcel of living in a major city- Although to a degree what he is saying here is somewhat accurate if you are looking on a continental basis. However on a domestic basis let's have a look at some of the major cities which haven't been attacked

Birmingham
    Leeds
    Sheffield
    Glasgow
    Cardiff

This was said by Sadiq in 2016- what I do not like about this is the normalisation of terrorist attacks before he became Mayor there was 1 attack in 10 years in 2017 there has been 3 alone.

He was a defence lawyer for a 911 terrorist, when a good many American lawyers refused to represent the terrorists. I don't need to say anything more on this, it's obvious at very least He is a terrorist sympathiser.

He's a massive hypocrite he wanted Donald Trump banned from the UK on the basis he would be a divisive character and would cause religious tensions between Christians and Muslims. All this despite Sadiq Khan fighting to get Farrakhans ban on coming to the UK recinded- he was banned on the basis of causing racial/religious hatred

This is meant to be an argument?

What he said was correct about terrorism. He wasnt condoning it or making it acceptable, just recognising it exists. Theres a reason London gets attacked and just because other cities havent been attacked so far doesnt mean they wont be.

Lawyers here cant refuse to represent people as due process and right to legal advice is considered fundamental to your justice system.

ReputationRep:
    I actually agree with the decision to ban Uber from London- they do not follow procedures such as DBS checking their drivers, so there could (key word being could) of been convicted rapists driving around young women. Not only that if they are not being DBS checked they probably aren't being A&I checked meaning illegal immigrants are effectively being protected. Back to the actual topic now though...
    ikr I've fought with so many uber drivers, like straight up get-out-the-car-walk-around-the-car-and-attack.

Not in London though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    I don't know. He's up against stiff competition.

An anti-Semite, an imbecile and now someone with brown skin who provided people with their innate right of legal counsel and defence.
    Ken Livingstone takes some beating I will concede but at least terrorist attacks was less prevalent and Ken didn't try to normalise terror. At the minute I'm losing in the poll but I expect victory here, he's ****ing terrible

ReputationRep:

Birmingham
    Leeds
    Sheffield
    Glasgow
    Cardiff

To be honest it's not about worst mayor and best mayor at the end of the day it's about getting the job done and by far in my opinion he has done more than Boris Johnson who was a clown havoc.

If the London mayor was of a different origin I doubt anyone would question his competency and would just leave them to carry on with their job.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the ban on Uber too. Back to the original question- Boris Johnson was the worst Mayor, even worse than Ken Livingstone. Boris introduced buses with conductors that don't take fares, a cable car to nowhere, and a bike hire scheme that is in the parts of London with the best public transport. And under Boris the number of police was reduced.

ReputationRep:
    Ken Livingstone takes some beating I will concede but at least terrorist attacks was less prevalent and Ken didn't try to normalise terror. At the minute I'm losing in the poll but I expect victory here, he's ****ing terrible
    As a good TSRian, I simply don't like him cos he went to London Met. He's the enemy of the people.

It is a stretch to say acknowledging terrorism is "the new normal" is accepting terrorism as a good sport. After all, he has no control over anything to do with police/MI5/GCHQ investigation of terrorism. These lie with the Met, the respective agency execs, and the Home Sec. He is merely the mouthpiece of London, to commentate on the times and waffle on about bin collections.

ReputationRep:

Birmingham
    Leeds
    Sheffield
    Glasgow
    Cardiff

Terrorism is a small issue in London, and the media and blind sheep like you normalise it too easily. There have been fewer terrorist attacks then there are cities in the UK, so your little grocery list means nothing. We are actually living in one of the most peacful times in history.

Watch this:
    https://youtu.be/zkv0wAAQJkU

So what if he was a defense lawyer for a 9/11 terrorist? That just proves that he beleives in the justice system, and wants equality for all, even those who may not deserve it. Besides, there are laws protecting lawyers from discrimination for these exact reasons. It makes him anything but a terrorist sympathiser.

Sadiq Khan wasn't the only person who wanted Donald Trump banned from the UK, even the Queen of England backed Sadiq Khan on that motion as well. Since when is trying to avoid religious tensions in your own city a bad thing as well? Farrakhan was an African American activist and social commentator, he does the opposite of what Trump does. The only thing is that he is muslim, so people like you say he's causing religious hatred for believing in his own religion. We accept free speech in this country, and Farrakhan's return to the UK is more than justifiable.

Sadiq Khan is actually one of the better mayors we've had in a long time, and he really does have a positive affect on London. You don't even live in London, and just blindly follow the exaggerating, dramatic medias and what else has been indoctrinated into you. Why don't you let us worry about who we want to run things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    This is meant to be an argument?

What he said was correct about terrorism. He wasnt condoning it or making it acceptable, just recognising it exists. Theres a reason London gets attacked and just because other cities havent been attacked so far doesnt mean they wont be.

Lawyers here cant refuse to represent people as due process and right to legal advice is considered fundamental to your justice system.

It is normalising terrorism though. Compare to the last Mayor Boris- 0 terrorist attacks 1 if you include Lee Rigby. Sadiq Khan 3 in a year and half.

If a Jihadhi attacked my local city and I was a defence lawyer I would refuse to take on the case- on the basis that this terrorist could of blew up my family

The reason London gets attacked is because it's our most iconic city and has a large Muslim population more Muslims higher chance of a attack even if 1 in 1000 are a terrorist

ReputationRep:
    Lol, how is he to blame for terrorism. And the reason that attacks don't happen in other cities is because honestly they are just not important enough.

ReputationRep:
    Ya definately, muslims like him aren't entitled to religious freedom and the same rights as you are, because your not muslim, and they are...? Its really sickening how muslims think they are entitled how muslims feel like they can go to the grocery store without being discrimated against by me, even though the white muslim over there is a convert who is more British than us. Since he is muslim though, he's no longer a British citizen, or entitled to any religous rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Intellect)
    Ya definately, muslims like him aren't entitled to religious freedom and the same rights as you are, because your not muslim, and they are...? Its really sickening how muslims think they are entitled how muslims feel like they can go to the grocery store without being discrimated against by me, even though the white muslim over there is a convert who is more British than us. Since he is muslim though, he's no longer a British citizen, or entitled to any religous rights.
    is this a riddle

ReputationRep:
    It is normalising terrorism though. Compare to the last Mayor Boris- 0 terrorist attacks 1 if you include Lee Rigby. Sadiq Khan 3 in a year and half.

If a Jihadhi attacked my local city and I was a defence lawyer I would refuse to take on the case- on the basis that this terrorist could of blew up my family

The reason London gets attacked is because it's our most iconic city and has a large Muslim population more Muslims higher chance of a attack even if 1 in 1000 are a terrorist
    0.000000018% of the worlds 1,700,000,000 muslims are terrorist, far from 1 in 1000 or 0.001%

ReputationRep:
    is this a riddle
    Just take a look at this idiot guys.

🤔

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.