The Student Room Group

A levels for Law/PPE

What are good a levels to take for law/ppe?
I currently thinking of taking:
- Maths
- Economics
- Spanish
- English lit (Maybe though I'm not sure)

Also, if I don't do Philosohy would I be at a disadvantage if I did PPE? I just don't want to do Religious studies and at my school it's mixed ugh
Reply 1
You don't need any particular a Levels for law so they should be fine
Reply 2
No you don't need to study philosophy at A-level to do PPE.
Incoming 1st year in PPE here. I studied all science subjects, and I know other successful applicants who studied English, Politics and History. What you study isn't as important as choosing something you're passionate about and something you can excel in.

Obviously you need maths to study maths or physics in uni but for ppe/law not so much.
Original post by csheehan10
Incoming 1st year in PPE here. I studied all science subjects, and I know other successful applicants who studied English, Politics and History. What you study isn't as important as choosing something you're passionate about and something you can excel in.

Obviously you need maths to study maths or physics in uni but for ppe/law not so much.

What's PPE like? How many hours of work do you do per week? Also, did you do a lot of reading beforehand for ppe and if so what did you read? Sorry for so many questions x
Original post by Ebxox
What are good a levels to take for law/ppe?
I currently thinking of taking:
- Maths
- Economics
- Spanish
- English lit (Maybe though I'm not sure)

Also, if I don't do Philosohy would I be at a disadvantage if I did PPE? I just don't want to do Religious studies and at my school it's mixed ugh

Hi I'm applying for PPE next year and I'm taking English Lit, Maths and History

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending