The Student Room Group

God Exists. I believe that 100%. Period

Sometimes people question whether God exists when they are in trouble but fail to acknowledge him in good times. Right now I am broke but I know he is coming through for me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good for you
I am also broke but I can wait till payday.
Das gewd mayne... das real gewddd
Could you not let God hear your problems rather than attention seeking on here ?
Wow I also had no money until next tuesday, but I found nearly £6 in change in my wallet! It must be divine providence!

...or, more likely, from when I had to get a taxi two weeks ago and put the change in my wallet, which I never normally use due to having my cards in my phone case, and I then forgot about it.

But I mean, good for you or whatever, I guess?
Reply 6
Original post by LeoKisia
Sometimes people question whether God exists when they are in trouble but fail to acknowledge him in good times. Right now I am broke but I know he is coming through for me.

And yet "he" makes things like this happen.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/mexico-earthquake-11-family-members-killed-when-church-collapses-during-childs-baptism-a3640186.html
(edited 6 years ago)
God here.
That's good Leo, alot of people do that & it annoys me.

congratulations?
Reply 10
Exactly what I was saying. We focus on the negative but fail to understand that there are other thousands of lives saved in the same Mexican Earthquake. Despite that i say RIP to the souls that were lost.
Reply 11
Exactly what I was saying. We focus on the negative but fail to understand that there are other thousands of lives saved in the same Mexican Earthquake. Despite that i say RIP to the souls that were lost.

Saved? Why would they need to be saved if the earthquake didn't happen. Why make it happen at all.

Edit: how does saying requiescat in pace help the mother and child being baptised and the 9 other members of their family, flattened by the very church they were attending?
(edited 6 years ago)

earthquakes are nothing to do with god.Its called plate tectonics.And as mexico city sits at the boundaries of 3 fault lines its highly likely they get earthquakes.Couple that with poverty you get poor building structures which fall down when earthquakes happen.Where does god come into that exactly? You say there is a god.Prove it.
I was expecting an audacious 10,000-word proof in the OP when I saw the title...
Jesus saves.

But his pension has been eroded by low interest rates, rising inflation, poor investment decisions made by his portfolio managers and high charges.
(edited 6 years ago)
God gave me dysmenorrhea and let Joseph Mengele do his thing to children during the Holocaust so he can stick Moses' staff right up his assh*le and see if I care.
Reply 16

sorry, your post reminded me of this...

Reply 17
Original post by orderofthelotus
God gave me dysmenorrhea and let Joseph Mengele do his thing to children during the Holocaust so he can stick Moses' staff right up his assh*le and see if I care.

These things happen to people neither because of their fault nor because God wanted them to. They happen because the world that was perfect was ruined by Adam and Eve. So there will be wars, disease, earthquakes and each of these will claim human life and cause suffering because of the imperfections here. Sorry for your condition mate but you cant blame God and curse him because of this. Everything has a solution, take heart
Reply 18
Original post by Carbon Dioxide
I was expecting an audacious 10,000-word proof in the OP when I saw the title...

If you believe in God, there is no need to 'prove' by using so many words. If you DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD, NO AMOUNT of convincing will change your mind.
Reply 19
Original post by uberteknik
Jesus saves.

But his pension has been eroded by low interest rates, rising inflation, poor investment decisions made by his portfolio managers and high charges.

All these are man made decisions that have NOTHING to do with GOD. If you blame HIM for the bad things that happen then be fair and give him the credit for the good things he does.

Quick Reply

Latest