The Student Room Group

Indecisive about A levels ugh

i'm in year 12 and i currently just cannot decide on what i want to do for as...the last day to swap your courses is on monday and i feel like swapping them all...i'm doing biology chemistry and maths. i'm so indecisive because i suffer from symptoms of anxiety and i don't want to pick courses i'll regret but choosing is sooo burdensome

i feel like everyone is going down the medical route and i don't want to just conform to it but i currently have no plans in the future..

i want to do geography, economics, chemistry and sociology...but i'm not 100% sure about it at all..
i want to choose when my anxiety levels are low bc right now i don't think i should be making decisions as big as this..
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ggxsywes
i'm in year 12 and i currently just cannot decide on what i want to do for as...the last day to swap your courses is on monday and i feel like swapping them all...i'm doing biology chemistry and maths. i'm so indecisive because i suffer from symptoms of anxiety and i don't want to pick courses i'll regret but choosing is sooo burdensome

i feel like everyone is going down the medical route and i don't want to just conform to it but i currently have no plans in the future..

i want to do geography, economics, chemistry and sociology...but i'm not 100% sure about it at all..
i want to choose when my anxiety levels are low bc right now i don't think i should be making decisions as big as this..

Have a think about what job you might like and then work backwards as to what degree it requires and then what A levels that requires.

Alternatively just look at the degrees you like and want to study for three years.

Alternatively look at which subjects you enjoy and will get the best grades in. Grades mean you get into better unis.

Your current choices are a powerful combination, but no good if you cant cope or you hate them. Pointless if you dont need them.

The other set will be better if you have higher grades, but theres very few options they will make possible that the first set will not.

https://university.which.co.uk/advice/a-level-choices/six-things-you-need-to-know-before-making-your-a-level-choices

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/

Quick Reply

Latest