Chittesh14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello guys,

I was wondering for those people who have done S3 Edexcel, how big of a jump is it compared to S2? Also, how did you find S2 and S3 in general as modules as I'm not the biggest fan of statistics but it links to my degree the most, hence I want to do it.

I have completed S2 nearly and found all the chapters extremely easy to be honest, except Chapter 7 which I couldn't understand until I read it again, but that is also quite easy now. I am going to do past papers soon for S2.

I need to get 90 UMS in S3, so can someone also tell me some do's and dont's for this module lol and how easy it is to make mistakes etc as I don't want to mess it up. I've heard from people if you don't know what method to use or something, you can get the entire question wrong and lose a grade - this is the only thing that scares me.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The jump is noticeable but not huge - I think S4 is a step down from S3, and similar to difficulty in S2 hence S3 is the trickiest module.

It has been too long to make a comment on that entire question going wrong idea, I would have thought that was true for most, if not all areas of maths though.

No real dos and fonts, just study, practice and you will be fine
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
The jump is noticeable but not huge - I think S4 is a step down from S3, and similar to difficulty in S2 hence S3 is the trickiest module.

It has been too long to make a comment on that entire question going wrong idea, I would have thought that was true for most, if not all areas of maths though.

No real dos and fonts, just study, practice and you will be fine
Thanks buddy, I just want it to link to my degree as there are always chances of losing marks in every module - as you said. I'm not to keen on Further Maths A* as I'm self-teaching too, so I just want to make the most of my module choices as no grade is ever guaranteed.

Does S4 require prerequisite knowledge from S3 as in could I do S4 before S3?

Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chittesh14)
Thanks buddy, I just want it to link to my degree as there are always chances of losing marks in every module - as you said. I'm not to keen on Further Maths A* as I'm self-teaching too, so I just want to make the most of my module choices as no grade is ever guaranteed.

Does S4 require prerequisite knowledge from S3 as in could I do S4 before S3?

Thanks again for the advice, much appreciated.
To my understanding, you cannot skip applied units in maths, or else you will not get a qualification. (You can do FP3 and not FP2 though)

Again I'm not sure what to say, just work hard and you will be rewarded in any stats module.
Chittesh14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
To my understanding, you cannot skip applied units in maths, or else you will not get a qualification. (You can do FP3 and not FP2 though)

Again I'm not sure what to say, just work hard and you will be rewarded in any stats module.
Oh right, thanks for telling me as my teachers wouldn't know lol.
Yes, I will do and hopefully get what I need . Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (68)
28.1%
England (82)
33.88%
Belgium (20)
8.26%
Germany (28)
11.57%
Spain (3)
1.24%