The Student Room Group

CGP

So basically last year my school made us purchase 3 Collin science books
One for bio
One for chem
One for physics

These books in total cost be £20

I’m currently in year 11 and my science teacher recommended me to purchase the combined science trilogy 9-1. Apparently,this book has all the information I’ll need to know for my science exams as it contains all three sciences. He also said the Collins book which they made us purchase last year contains information which isn’t required because some of its for triple so we’d be wasting our time revising content that won’t come up. It doesn’t say in the Collins book which bits triple content and which is double etc. Is it worth me spending £10? Also, is the CGP book combined science 9-1 the correct one for me for my exams in 2018
Original post by DocHXS
So basically last year my school made us purchase 3 Collin science books
One for bio
One for chem
One for physics

These books in total cost be £20

I’m currently in year 11 and my science teacher recommended me to purchase the combined science trilogy 9-1. Apparently,this book has all the information I’ll need to know for my science exams as it contains all three sciences. He also said the Collins book which they made us purchase last year contains information which isn’t required because some of its for triple so we’d be wasting our time revising content that won’t come up. It doesn’t say in the Collins book which bits triple content and which is double etc. Is it worth me spending £10? Also, is the CGP book combined science 9-1 the correct one for me for my exams in 2018

Yes, I do believe it is the correct one for 2018 exams.

From what I've picked up, the combined science GCSEs don't use the last 3 sections of the CGP revision guides however you'd have to check with your teacher on that front.

If you can afford it, I'd advise getting the combined science revision guide because it might cover some areas not covered in triple science. I guess it's always best to buy the revision guides tailored to your spec just in case. Ya know, better being safe than sorry. But at the end of the day, it's your decision and I'd advise discussing it further with your teacher just to be sure before any purchase. Your school may sell them at discounted prices.

Quick Reply

Latest