The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to do 3 A-levels instead of 4?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iqra2159
Today I went to school and asked head of Post 16 and my tutor, they said I can't drop PD and the school policy is that year 12 students should do minimum 4 AS subjects even though I explained to them how stressing it is and can't cope with this.

That's honestly very harsh.

Even though the school may allow you to drop the 4th subject after Yr12, it's important to know your predicted grades will be based off of Year 12.

Also, my friend who did 4 subjects (Maths + 3 sciences, she's smart anyway lol), she applied to do Medicine. I remember when she told me that she got an offer for 3 grades to meet even though she did 4 A Levels. The point being that if you was to get an offer (whether it's Medicine or not), it could be based on 3 grades even though you do 4 subjects so that's another note your school should know.
Original post by iqra2159
She said that this year you have 5 subjects less than last year, I don't see why are you finding it so difficult

That's the mentality everyone had when they started A Levels and that was when we were 16 years old! A Levels it's so much more in depth and not to mention, you need to understand it and apply it. It's not GCSE when you can revise the night before and get an A*.

3 A Levels can also be tough let alone 4.

Damn your teacher is already triggering me xD
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by ManLike007
That's honestly very harsh.

Even though the school may allow you to drop the 4th subject after Yr12, it's important to know your predicted grades will be based off of Year 12.

Also, my friend who did 4 subjects (Maths + 3 sciences, she's smart anyway lol), she applied to do Medicine. I remember when she told me that she got an offer for 3 grades to meet even though she did 4 A Levels. The point being that if you was to get an offer (whether it's Medicine or not), it could be based on 3 grades even though you do 4 subjects so that's another note your school should know.

I got a B for bio and chem, so I'll have to work even harder. I don't want to end up with D or E, I also don't want to re-sit.
These teachers know me fairly well, I'm not an A* student I can't work in too much pressure.

Quick Reply

Latest