The Student Room Group

Maintenace loan for EEA family member of Non EEA national

Dear all,
My wife is going to start the University from March 2018 in nursing.My wife is a Non-EU national and has got 5 years Residency Visa through EEA family permit until 2019.
I am an EU national and we both have been living for four years in the UK.Since we came in the UK, I started working till now.My wife has been working for 3 years within her 4 years residency in the UK.I need to mention that we had been in Germany for 5 years too before we came in the UK.
I'm now wondering if my wife can apply for maintenance loan? If she can, in which category will she belong to apply for it and how can we do it.

Thank you very much for your kind valuable suggestion and feedback.

Bappu
Hi Bappu,

As your wife has been working she may be able to apply as a Migrant worker. This guidance document may provide you with further support: Click here

I would recommend contacting our helpline to discuss more in depth: 0141 243 3570.

Thanks,

Gerard.
Reply 2
HI, Gerard,
Thank you for your message.
Just need to mention that my wife is a Non-EEA national but I am an EEA national.
She has got 5 years residence visa through EEA family permit and we have been in the UK
since 2014.

So, if she applies for the student finance, can she apply it as EEA migrant worker or not?
Does she need to send only her documents like passport,p60 and payslips etc, or she needs to
send my documents as well with the application, pls.

Thank you for your kind response.

Thanks

Bappu
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending