The Student Room Group

How can I take 6 Highers in one year?

In my school we can only take five highers due to timetable constraints, but I really want to achieve six highers in one year. Is there any way I could study an extra higher out of school but sit the exam in school at the end of the year?
Reply 1
Original post by lucymcg8
In my school we can only take five highers due to timetable constraints, but I really want to achieve six highers in one year. Is there any way I could study an extra higher out of school but sit the exam in school at the end of the year?
If you are in 5th year, why not do the five Highers now, then do additional Highers in 6th year?

When I was in S5, I studied Higher Maths in my own time and just sat the NABs and final exam in the school. Depending how good you are at maths, this should be straightforward enough - Higher isn't particularly challenging
Original post by Happy E
If you are in 5th year, why not do the five Highers now, then do additional Highers in 6th year?

I'd like to, but my school won't let me take three advanced highers (which I need for Oxford) and an extra higher because they think it's too stressful...
Reply 4
I'd like to, but my school won't let me take three advanced highers (which I need for Oxford) and an extra higher because they think it's too stressful...

I think three Advanced Highers plus five Highers in 5th year is enough.

I did five in 5th year and in 6th year I did two more Highers and two Advanced Highers.

Quick Reply

Latest