The Student Room Group

extenuating circumstances

Hi im just wondering if my circumstances are relevant enough for universities to consider valid.

During my intial a-level sittings my mother was admitted to hospital in February of 2016. At the time i had my isa examinsations. I was not able to prepare at all for the examinations purely because I was so stressed about my own mother's health. Also in my letter to the universities I've also stated to them that am part of a first generation family and truly do not have any relatives in the U.K, that would have been able to emotionally and physically support me during this time. Moreover, I am also an only child as well. So there are no sibling or anyone to further assist me.

After her initial hopsitalisation when she was discharged there was no significant improvement in her health. I found my self continuously attending hospital and GP appointments to further investigate my mother heart and kidney issues. The stress of her deteriorating health as well as well as my exams creeping up meat i was unable to attend after school revision session or even attend lessons at school and fully concentrate because i was alway worried about my other and ho she was doing at home. I even effectively am her career as she finds it difficult to coordinate daily activities including taking medication.

I have doctors letters and GP letter supporting my statement. Will this be valid enough to be considered for the medicine programme?
Original post by Crapateducation
Hi im just wondering if my circumstances are relevant enough for universities to consider valid.

During my intial a-level sittings my mother was admitted to hospital in February of 2016. At the time i had my isa examinsations. I was not able to prepare at all for the examinations purely because I was so stressed about my own mother's health. Also in my letter to the universities I've also stated to them that am part of a first generation family and truly do not have any relatives in the U.K, that would have been able to emotionally and physically support me during this time. Moreover, I am also an only child as well. So there are no sibling or anyone to further assist me.

After her initial hopsitalisation when she was discharged there was no significant improvement in her health. I found my self continuously attending hospital and GP appointments to further investigate my mother heart and kidney issues. The stress of her deteriorating health as well as well as my exams creeping up meat i was unable to attend after school revision session or even attend lessons at school and fully concentrate because i was alway worried about my other and ho she was doing at home. I even effectively am her career as she finds it difficult to coordinate daily activities including taking medication.

I have doctors letters and GP letter supporting my statement. Will this be valid enough to be considered for the medicine programme?

have you spoken to the universities themselves about the circumstances?

Quick Reply

Latest