The Student Room Group

Why Quizlet is leaving TSR.

Hi guys :hello:,

I joined TSR in February. It's been such an amazing journey- I've met some great people (I'll tag the ones who have been really close on TSR). However, it's my time to leave. Recently, I've been diagnosed with cancer- it's not good news. Although it's at an extremely early stage and probably 100% curable (and in a low risk area), it's made me realize that I need to literally start doing more. TSR is amazing, yes, however it's so unpredictable when something major will happen.

TSR is almost a distraction for me, I'm sitting probably 1-2 hours looking at TSR, but this has made me wonder. Is it really worth it?
The quality of posts on TSR have declined somewhat and I get so frustrated looking at posts such as 'I got 9 A* at GCSE, is that good enough?'.

I'm now going to live life more, sitting behind a computer screen and responding to posts which aren't really of any value won't get me anywhere. However participating in more clubs, doing more enrichment's, valuing my study time and focusing on my health overall is way more important. Sometimes I have to prioritize things.

Just a tip for you all: Don't go on TSR for excessively long amounts of time. Balance everything. Unfortunately for me, I'm really bad at time management, so I've decided to cut off TSR completely, except for the odd occasion where I want to speak to people I'm close to.

I want to say thank you to (mostly) everyone. I do love you all.

I will be on TSR today, but you won't see me after today. If you'd like to talk to me or message me or anything, do so today.
Anyone who's close to me on here can ask for my Twitter (You're all probably like 'Who uses Twitter?', well I do!)

Edit: Contact me on Twitter- @sudoative.

Regards,

Quizlet :smile:.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quizlet

I joined TSR in February. It's been such an amazing journey- I've met some great people (I'll tag the ones who have been really close on TSR). However, it's my time to leave. Recently, I've been diagnosed with cancer- it's not good news. Although it's at an extremely early stage and probably 100% curable (and in a low risk area), it's made me realize that I need to literally start doing more. TSR is amazing, yes, however it's so unpredictable when something major will happen.

TSR is almost a distraction for me, I'm sitting probably 1-2 hours looking at TSR, but this has made me wonder. Is it really worth it?
The quality of posts on TSR have declined somewhat and I get so frustrated looking at posts such as 'I got 9 A* at GCSE, is that good enough?'.

I'm now going to live life more, sitting behind a computer screen and responding to posts which aren't really of any value won't get me anywhere. However participating in more clubs, doing more enrichment's, valuing my study time and focusing on my health overall is way more important. Sometimes I have to prioritize things.

Just a tip for you all: Don't go on TSR for excessively long amounts of time. Balance everything. Unfortunately for me, I'm really bad at time management, so I've decided to cut off TSR completely, except for the odd occasion where I want to speak to people I'm close to.

I will be on TSR today, but you won't see me after today. If you'd like to talk to me or message me or anything, do so today.

Regards,

I'm really sorry to hear about the diagnosis, and hope everything goes well. As you say, definitely better to spend your time doing things that are more important/enjoyable to you. :yes:
aww okay:frown: idk if we have spoken..
sorry about the diagnosis and all the best!:h:
Reply 3
Original post by tasha_tah
aww okay:frown: idk if we have spoken..
sorry about the diagnosis and all the best!:h:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm really sorry to hear about the diagnosis, and hope everything goes well. As you say, definitely better to spend your time doing things that are more important/enjoyable to you. :yes:

No need to say sorry about diagnosis, makes me feel bad
:frown:
I understand what you mean about TSR. I should do the same and leave before it ends up getting in the way of my uni life.
Reply 5
Original post by Quizlet

Anyone who's close to me on here can ask for my Twitter (You're all probably like 'Who uses Twitter?', well I do!)

Regards,

Wow... I am truly sorry to hear about your health :console: May you be cured so that you can live a normal life.

Take care of yourself and have fun! :biggrin:

How do you plan to spend your newly found free time? :mmm:
Original post by Quizlet

Regards,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I hope you get into remission as soon as possible.
Reply 7
Original post by Michiyo
Wow... I am truly sorry to hear about your diagnosis :console: May you be cured so that you can live a normal life.

Take care of yourself and have fun! :biggrin:

How do you plan to spend your newly found free time? :mmm:

Lots of enticements and clubs, want to meet a love of new people :nod:

Original post by qasim_96
:frown:
I understand what you mean about TSR. I should do the same and leave before it ends up getting in the way of my uni life.

By all means go on TSR, but I used it a bit too much
What kind of cancer is it ?
Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I hope you get into remission as soon as possible.

cancer scares me so much I feel like I'm going to have a breakdown but the fact it's in such an early stage gives me hope, the doctors were very sure it was curable and are just planning on monitoring it instead of treating it- thank god I have 6 monthly MRI scans
Reply 10
Original post by Quizlet

Regards,

Oh wow, I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope it is cured! :hugs:
So long, so long, and thanks for all the fish... We'll miss you, Quizlet. Mind if I send you over a few virtual balls of string?
Original post by Quizlet
Lots of enticements and clubs, want to meet a love of new people :nod:

By all means go on TSR, but I used it a bit too much

I've used this site a bit too much too. Good luck though :h:
I hope all goes well for you in the future and you live a life that you are proud of :smile:
Original post by Quizlet
cancer scares me so much I feel like I'm going to have a breakdown but the fact it's in such an early stage gives me hope, the doctors were very sure it was curable and are just planning on monitoring it instead of treating it- thank god I have 6 monthly MRI scans

don't lose hope, if all they plan to do is monitor it they must be pretty sure they can keep it under control.
Original post by Quizlet
No need to say sorry about diagnosis, makes me feel bad

aw okayy:h:
gd luck x
I hope you get cured! I'm starting to realise I spend too much time on TSR too tbh
Reply 17
Original post by Quizlet

Get well soon Quizlet :smile: It's great to hear about your focus on enrichment. Go for it!
Don't worry it will probably be curable. My grandad had cancer worse than yours (as in a later stage I think) (and he is much older than you :P). He is fine now (and it wasn't too long ago, a year or less I reckon). There is no need to be scared :smile: If all they plan to do is monitor it, then they are pretty sure that they can keep it under control :smile: The people who are worst affected are the ones who get diagnosed at a very late stage. You haven't, trust me you'll be fine :smile:

Get well soon :smile:

What do you plan to do instead of go on TSR?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Quizlet

Regards,

Oh Quizlet :cry2:

This is such sad news :redface:
Please promise me you will take care of yourself and remember just how amazing you are :jumphug:

Praying for a speedy recovery for you :grouphugs:

Why does cancer do this :frown:

Just know that you are one of my favourite members of TSR and conversing with you is delightful :hugs: I hope that you spend the extra time you have to go out and make friends and keep yourself happy through the hard times.

Should you happen to return, I'll always be here for you :redface:

All the best Quizlet, you'll always be my favourite revision cards website :wink:
:heart:
Cheese x