The Student Room Group

Law and Business vs Law

Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilemma

I cannot decide whether to apply for law at Warwick or law and business.
I am predicted AAA and got 7A* 4A at GCSE

I want to go into business after studying law, so I was thinking it would make sense for me to go for law and business instead of straight law. As well as this Warwick's economics/business school is one of the world's best, as opposed to their law department which is not as prestige.

One thing however, my personal statement does not really mention business explicitly. It talks about legal systems etc but there is nothing really directly related to business.

I'm currently applying for Oxford, Kings, LSE (Anthro and Law), Bristol and Warwick straight law

I don't know whether I should replace Kings/Bristol for Warwick law and business as I would be more likely to get an offer (based on my predicted grades) Or alternatively whether I should swap Warwick law for law and business.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by username3525234
Hi, I'm in a bit of a dilemma

I cannot decide whether to apply for law at Warwick or law and business.
I am predicted AAA and got 7A* 4A at GCSE

I want to go into business after studying law, so I was thinking it would make sense for me to go for law and business instead of straight law. As well as this Warwick's economics/business school is one of the world's best, as opposed to their law department which is not as prestige.

One thing however, my personal statement does not really mention business explicitly. It talks about legal systems etc but there is nothing really directly related to business.

I'm currently applying for Oxford, Kings, LSE (Anthro and Law), Bristol and Warwick straight law

I don't know whether I should replace Kings/Bristol for Warwick law and business as I would be more likely to get an offer (based on my predicted grades) Or alternatively whether I should swap Warwick law for law and business.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Hi! I’m guessing by now you made your decision and are now at university. I’m currently in a very similar position to you! I am considering either studying law and business or law with international study. I am hoping to apply to Cambridge, Manchester, Exeter, Warwick and one of the London Russell Group universities.

I wondering what degree you decided upon and where you are now. I like the idea of doing the joint honours as I’m unsure as to whether I want to be a solicitor or a business analyst/consultant/manager. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending