Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't be bothered to work Watch

Announcements

Guys im hitting such a massive wall at the moment. Worked for about 2 hours everyday for a month when school started, now I cant be assed. Getting ABB in my subjects last year and need to get AAA in my a levels. I just sit down to do my work and get bored so easily. I procrastinate later and later till its not possible to do any work.

At the start of the new term I was so determined. Had decided on my ideal uni and have never wanted anything so bad. Have well under a year to move up a grade in 2 whole subjects and im just farting around on youtube and reddit. On top of that I need to finish off an EPQ, Music grade, Gold DofE and my personal statement.

Same as my GCSEs did no work and did terrible. Now im about to repeat that but still cant be assed.

I can never motivate myself and hate how lazy I am. Has anyone got any tips that keep you motivated to work and just power through it?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Guys im hitting such a massive wall at the moment. Worked for about 2 hours everyday for a month when school started, now I cant be assed. Getting ABB in my subjects last year and need to get AAA in my a levels. I just sit down to do my work and get bored so easily. I procrastinate later and later till its not possible to do any work.

At the start of the new term I was so determined. Had decided on my ideal uni and have never wanted anything so bad. Have well under a year to move up a grade in 2 whole subjects and im just farting around on youtube and reddit. On top of that I need to finish off an EPQ, Music grade, Gold DofE and my personal statement.

Same as my GCSEs did no work and did terrible. Now im about to repeat that but still cant be assed.

I can never motivate myself and hate how lazy I am. Has anyone got any tips that keep you motivated to work and just power through it?
    Force yourself to sit down and do some work. If you try to get up, think about it and try not to. And force yourself to have fun etc only after doing work - in the morning, do what you want for an hour or so then start working, then break for lunch, do some more work then do what you want in the evenings.

ReputationRep:
    set yourself a time limit, a physical representation on how long u need to work helps u to tell yourself only so and so left until I take a break and then repeat. do 30 mins shifts with 5 minute break. has helped me in my GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    Have lots of breaks!

I find it very difficult to concentrate but I manage 2 hours at least a day of study, and on days off I'll do 4 hours plus. I'll set myself half an hour, then I'll go make tea, do another half an hour with a snack and a cup of tea, then have a shower. Then I'll sit and do another half an hour, have five minutes, and then do the last half an hour. Find what works for you. Going for walks, having a cup of coffee, going for a shower helps me inbetween study.

Currently taking an access course but I too did AS levels. Coasted through GCSEs with no studying and came out with okay grades (B's and C's) but did no work at AS level and left in year 12. I know what it's like to fail.

ReputationRep:
    There's no trick or shortcut OP, you just need to stop being a baby and do it.

ReputationRep:
    Please buddy just work hard it’s so vital you get the required grades so you can get into a great job

If you don’t try you will fail at some stage!

This time now sets you up nicely for the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Do no work, and fail again. At some point, you'll either have a wake-up moment where you realise your mistakes, or just fade back into misery and obscurity.

ReputationRep:
    Print out a picture of the uni and put it somewhere in your room where you'll see it all the time. Start with whatever work you feel is easiest. Get a hot drink and some biscuits. Make a to do list but not just 'a list of everything I need to in my life', pick say 5 thinks and break them down into days. If you split it up into manageable chunks it seems more doable.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.