The Student Room Group

Police Now Graduate Scheme 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ollie1996
You too!! I’m joining GMP, how about you?

Hi Ollie, I’ve been accepted to join GMP too! When was your assessment day?
Original post by SarahHammy
Hey OliviaI was at the assessment centre and got through too! Which force did you apply to?

Congratulations! I’m joining GMP, how about you?
Original post by olivia_101
Congratulations! I’m joining GMP, how about you?

Congratulations to you too! I am also GMP. Do you have Facebook? I’m so bad with names but I’m sure we will be able to recognise one another haha!
Hahaha me too don’t worry. My name is Via Bevan on Facebook but it’s private so I’m not sure you’ll be able to find me!

I’ve got a very popular name, please message me for the link
Reply 84
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone on here was at the AC with me yesterday? I've just had my call offering me a place!! Absolutely over the moon. For anyone doing the assessment centre, all I'd say is try not to panic (I know it's a lot easier said than done). It was my first ever assessment centre and I was bricking it before I went in, but as soon as you get there it is such a nice, positive atmosphere (made even better for me by all the lovely candidates I was with). Good luck everyone!

Hey Olivia, I was on the same assessment day as you and also got offered a conditional place!! so happy, congratulations too!
Reply 85
Congrats to those with conditional offers, I also got mine recently - very excited! Has anyone heard about medical/fitness dates yet?
Original post by Part A
Congrats to those with conditional offers, I also got mine recently - very excited! Has anyone heard about medical/fitness dates yet?

I think they are supposed to be before Xmas but awaiting confirmation!
Reply 87
Hi friends!

I just passed my online assessments and am now invited to do my video interview! Any tips? Looking to join the MET :smile:

Do the medical and fitness tests happen during the assessment or at a later day?

Thanks guys! Maybe see some of you if I pass :smile:

Also, anybody curious, if your summer school will be in London, then it will be at my University and actually in my lecture hall which is in Little Titchfield Street, London
Reply 88
Original post by Agata
Hi friends!

I just passed my online assessments and am now invited to do my video interview! Any tips? Looking to join the MET :smile:

Do the medical and fitness tests happen during the assessment or at a later day?

Thanks guys! Maybe see some of you if I pass :smile:

Also, anybody curious, if your summer school will be in London, then it will be at my University and actually in my lecture hall which is in Little Titchfield Street, London

Hey! Congratulations. The video interview is pretty straight forward. I prepared by just reading through the police now website and thinking about what my own strengths were. The fitness and medical don’t happen until you’ve been given a conditional offer (so separate from the AC).

No way! Which university is it?

Good luck!
Reply 89
Hey! Congratulations. The video interview is pretty straight forward. I prepared by just reading through the police now website and thinking about what my own strengths were. The fitness and medical don’t happen until you’ve been given a conditional offer (so separate from the AC).

No way! Which university is it?

Good luck!

Awesome, thanks so much!

It’s at the University of Westminster, School of Law building. It’s a really nice building to be honest. How are you finding the application process?
Reply 90
Original post by SarahHammy
I think they are supposed to be before Xmas but awaiting confirmation!

Last year they were in Spring at the force you’re assigned to
Reply 91
Original post by Agata
Awesome, thanks so much!

It’s at the University of Westminster, School of Law building. It’s a really nice building to be honest. How are you finding the application process?

Do you know where the accommodation will be?
Good thanks. I’ve just passed my assessment centre.
Reply 92
Do you know where the accommodation will be?
Good thanks. I’ve just passed my assessment centre.

Congratulations :smile: how did you find it? If they’re working alongside my uni then it’ll be at Wembley
Reply 93
Just submitted my video interview, not sure how it went! How long did people usually have to wait to hear back?
Hi :smile: I've got my assessment centre next week and am just really not sure how to prepare, other than looking at the competencies. Anyone got any advice?? Congrats to all those with offers and good luck to everyone else!
Reply 95
Original post by Kitty37123
Hi :smile: I've got my assessment centre next week and am just really not sure how to prepare, other than looking at the competencies. Anyone got any advice?? Congrats to all those with offers and good luck to everyone else!

Hi, there's already been some good advice posted on here (a few pages back). I'd say go through the PN website thoroughly, look at the Impact Report and really know why you want to do PN (take some time to think about it). For role-plays, there's a useful video here: http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/pcsupport/assessment-centre-overview/day-one/during/interactive-exercises.php

As you said, just prep one or two examples for each competency. They're not trying to trick you out! Overall, its a challenging but enjoyable day so be fully fuelled when you arrive - Good Luck.
Reply 96
Passed my video interview, been told I'll be contacted regarding the assessment centre shortly :smile:
Original post by Part A
Hi, there's already been some good advice posted on here (a few pages back). I'd say go through the PN website thoroughly, look at the Impact Report and really know why you want to do PN (take some time to think about it). For role-plays, there's a useful video here: http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/pcsupport/assessment-centre-overview/day-one/during/interactive-exercises.php

As you said, just prep one or two examples for each competency. They're not trying to trick you out! Overall, its a challenging but enjoyable day so be fully fuelled when you arrive - Good Luck.

Thank you very much, really appreciate the advice :biggrin:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the really useful advice on this chat. I have my assessment centre next week, and strangely what I feel most nervous about are the E-tray exercises, I have never done these before and I understand there will be a lot of information to take in in perhaps not a lot of time and I am quite a slow reader!

I fully appreciate no one can give any specifics, but would anyone have any advice or tips on how to tackle these exercises or anything you would have retrospectively done looking back on the exercises? Anything would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
Reply 99
Original post by francescamj92
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the really useful advice on this chat. I have my assessment centre next week, and strangely what I feel most nervous about are the E-tray exercises, I have never done these before and I understand there will be a lot of information to take in in perhaps not a lot of time and I am quite a slow reader!

I fully appreciate no one can give any specifics, but would anyone have any advice or tips on how to tackle these exercises or anything you would have retrospectively done looking back on the exercises? Anything would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey :smile: My Assessment Center is also next week, which day is yours?

Quick Reply

Latest