Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Long distance relationship: Army Girlfriend Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year now. I met him when he was in his phase one training so I’ve known him and I got to know him while he was in the army so it’s not like I’m going from him not being in it to being in it. He’s now in phase 2 ! It was fine at the start only being able to see him at weekends. I suppose I wasn’t that attached to him so it wasn’t that difficult but as time had gone on it gets to that point on a Sunday when he has to leave that I cry every single time because I miss him that much. Like you only understand if you go through this but like the weekend just isn’t long enough and it’s scary. In January he’s going to Cyprus for 9 months and I think he only gets like a three week break in April. I’m really scared that it isn’t going to work out. I love him so much like no one understands how much we care for each other and our relationship is healthy and stable. We are like each other’s best friends. He said that he will be able to talk on ft most nights which is good because I don’t think I could cope with not talking to him at all but I’m scared that it’s going to be so hard not seeing him for a big chunk of my life. I know there are people out there who have it much worse and I honestly do feel for you all but just in this situation I don’t want it to go wrong. Like breaking up would be the worst thing but I really don’t know if I’m cut out for a long distance relationship. He says to me that it will work but I’m just really anxious about it and think about it all the time and kinda just need some advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by May101)
    I’ve been with my boyfriend for a year now. I met him when he was in his phase one training so I’ve known him and I got to know him while he was in the army so it’s not like I’m going from him not being in it to being in it. He’s now in phase 2 ! It was fine at the start only being able to see him at weekends. I suppose I wasn’t that attached to him so it wasn’t that difficult but as time had gone on it gets to that point on a Sunday when he has to leave that I cry every single time because I miss him that much. Like you only understand if you go through this but like the weekend just isn’t long enough and it’s scary. In January he’s going to Cyprus for 9 months and I think he only gets like a three week break in April. I’m really scared that it isn’t going to work out. I love him so much like no one understands how much we care for each other and our relationship is healthy and stable. We are like each other’s best friends. He said that he will be able to talk on ft most nights which is good because I don’t think I could cope with not talking to him at all but I’m scared that it’s going to be so hard not seeing him for a big chunk of my life. I know there are people out there who have it much worse and I honestly do feel for you all but just in this situation I don’t want it to go wrong. Like breaking up would be the worst thing but I really don’t know if I’m cut out for a long distance relationship. He says to me that it will work but I’m just really anxious about it and think about it all the time and kinda just need some advice
    Don't stress. If you stress, everything goes plummeting. You're in the army as well, correct? You could just try to get promoted so you can see him more often. I've never been in the army, and I don't plan to so I don't know how it works there. This is the best I've got. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you don't cheat unlike most armies gf or wives.

ReputationRep:
    make a tinder account, just see what level of guys would date you if you were single

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.