Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TV Ads about vagina.. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Now daily we get ads for female fanny itching, fanny, hair removal, thrush, tampax and all these at mostly evening ehen I'm eating and is very very annoying. Do we have penis itching ads? No so why the **** are we bombarded with feminism overload.

:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    True that
    There ain't penis growth cream ads so WTF?!

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's to raise more awareness on the female body and it's health.

ReputationRep:
    I mean, we have adverts about worse stuff than periods (drink driving, smoking, flu, fungal infections, stuff about cancer, that guy on the go compare advert). I think that stuff is a bit more off-putting that periods, especially when adverts about anything vagina related are wrapped up in pretty graphics, and use the most non-descriptive language possible.

I think periods shouldn't be as taboo as they are. It's just blood, and it's natural and key to the future of the human race. People should be able to talk about something so important and relevant to half the planet's population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    I guess it's to raise more awareness on the female body and it's health.
    Rather embarrassing (even for adults) in a family setting when it keeps appearing on each channel. No doubt female know where to go and buy such items. Men have their own issues but we see no ads so I don't see why females should be priority

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tena drip this etc. How it absorbs the piss giving full details

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah god forbid some essential products are advertised. If you're honestly that grossed out by it I think you have some serious growing up to do.

Why aren't there penis itching adds? Probably because it's far less of a problem statistically. Thrush is extremely common, most women will experience it in their lives. The treatment can be bought over the counter, so it makes sense to advertise it. Basic business. For issues with male genitalia, while thrush can occur in men. Generally speaking it does not happen that often. And they are far more likely to have itching related to STI's, something which cannot be treated with OTC medication.

Stop trying to warp this into a feminism thing, and just admit you're immature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewy suarez)
    True that
    There ain't penis growth cream ads so WTF?!
    Just,as their isn't tighten my pussy ads :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Yeah god forbid some essential products are advertised. If you're honestly that grossed out by it I think you have some serious growing up to do.

Why aren't there penis itching adds? Probably because it's far less of a problem statistically. Thrush is extremely common, most women will experience it in their lives. The treatment can be bought over the counter, so it makes sense to advertise it. Basic business. For issues with male genitalia, while thrush can occur in men. Generally speaking it does not happen that often. And they are far more likely to have itching related to STI's, something which cannot be treated with OTC medication.

Stop trying to warp this into a feminism thing, and just admit you're immature.
    Thrush stuff also works for other fungal related things like ringworm :ninja:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Less issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Rather embarrassing (even for adults) in a family setting when it keeps appearing on each channel. No doubt female know where to go and buy such items. Men have their own issues but we see no ads so I don't see why females should be priority

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That must be a very immature family if a simple ad about vaginal health can cause everyone to suddenly become uncomfortable. Especially as the word vagina is never actually mentioned...

ReputationRep:
    Just,as their isn't tighten my pussy ads :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    tighten?
    I swear it's loosen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    That must be a very immature family if a simple ad about vaginal health can cause everyone to suddenly become uncomfortable. Especially as the word vagina is never actually mentioned...
    Culture's not something you'd fathom darlin'

ReputationRep:
    OP I agree totally, it is completely unacceptable and not what I want to see when I'm eating , in fact I don't want to see that at all. And also I agree it is very embarrassing when other people are in the room when it comes on.

I also notice in the soaps that the sexual scenes are over explicit, going from a single peck on the cheek kiss to full prolonged snogging, completely wrong and ****ed up.

I am glad I'm not the only person noticing this

ReputationRep:
    Is this because you don't like the vag?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaliaV)
    Is this because you don't like the vag?
    Not an itchy vag no

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are condom ads...

ReputationRep:
    Grow up.
    • TSR Ninja

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because itchy vaginas are caused by feminism :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They don't even mention most of the details 90% of the time. Things don't get awkward until it's after 10pm and the lovehoney adverts start coming up

Not an itchy vag no
    Experienced that problem before, have you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.