Defected from Labour to Libertarians AMA ;) Watch

This discussion is closed.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you joined us because you thought we were more likely to win whilst all the while harbouring right-libertarian views then this defection couldn't come soon enough.
TCFactor
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
If you joined us because you thought we were more likely to win whilst all the while harbouring right-libertarian views then this defection couldn't come soon enough.
I stand for the majority of Liber beliefs. It was the perfect middle ground for everything I wanted, basically freedom. In rl, idegaf about what anyone does as long as it doesn't involve me, so Libertarianism is perfect. Also, what do you mean this defection couldn't come soon enough. ?
Are we more likely to win than Labour?
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mr T 999)
AMA are not suppose to be posted in this section it will be better in the politics section.
Just as a note on this, it's not appropriate for the UK politics subsection because it has no RL relevance. This typically goes in MHoC (given the intended audience) or Chat.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TCFactor)
I stand for the majority of Liber beliefs. It was the perfect middle ground for everything I wanted, basically freedom. In rl, idegaf about what anyone does as long as it doesn't involve me, so Libertarianism is perfect. Also, what do you mean this defection couldn't come soon enough. ?
Highly unlikely (even if we do **** all, Corbyn effect) but I think its a strange point that since Labour and Libertarians are pretty much polar opposites that you were drawn to Labour, as opposed to say, the Tories or Liberals.
TCFactor
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Highly unlikely (even if we do **** all, Corbyn effect) but I think its a strange point that since Labour and Libertarians are pretty much polar opposites that you were drawn to Labour, as opposed to say, the Tories or Liberals.
I was sorta shocked as well, but hey, here I am.
SoggyCabbages
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Which Gulag would you like to go to?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I mean that if you don't believe in the values of the Labour Party then it's good that you left and would have been better if you left sooner.

Thankfully ideology of callous and destructive unrestrained capitalism is not likely to win, no. Though you might manage to somehow sneak into government as coalition partner to the Tories.
Gladstone1885
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I mean that if you don't believe in the values of the Labour Party then it's good that you left and would have been better if you left sooner.

Thankfully ideology of callous and destructive unrestrained capitalism is not likely to win, no. Though you might manage to somehow sneak into government as coalition partner to the Tories.
I think most would agree that unrestrained capitalism would be extremely constructive rather than destructive ..
meenu89
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't know who or what you are, but if you send me another unwarranted PM I am reporting you.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

We came second in the GE, you were only so far ahead because of Corbynmania and the convenient timing, let's see what happens when we have a GE outside of RL election season.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gladstone1885)
I think most would agree that unrestrained capitalism would be extremely constructive rather than destructive ..
Nah.

(Original post by Connor27)
We came second in the GE, you were only so far ahead because of Corbynmania and the convenient timing, let's see what happens when we have a GE outside of RL election season.
It was a freak election in several respects. I see no reason to believe the Tories won't remain the dominant party of the Right.
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

It was a freak election in several respects. I see no reason to believe the Tories won't remain the dominant party of the Right.
How about the fact that they only beat us by a measly 3 votes in the by election exit poll? (let's also see if that changes when verification happens.)
Joep95
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
I don't know who or what you are, but if you send me another unwarranted PM I am reporting you.
Unwarranted pm?
AnCapo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Probs in wrong area. So what. Also it's in the fashion of 99% of all AMA's on TSR. So stupid. Still get involved tho for jokes.
What type of libertarian are you?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (478)
66.48%
No (241)
33.52%

Watched Threads