Always feel lonely, am I just weird? :/

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've been very anxious lately because of feeling out of place at uni and I also I feel like I've been lonely all my life, I'm nearly 23 and when I see people jump from one relationship to the other I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Not only this but I feel like I am the only person who has a weird relationship with my friends, as none of them can be bothered to hang out all together or they're to busy. When I meet up with them I act happy because I'm assuming I'm just crazy but when I leave them I feel sad because I literally have no life and it makes me feel down.

I feel like I have nothing in my life but my family who get irritated by my presence sometimes and I get irritated by them or maybe it's the fact that I see my sisters have best friends and boyfriends and kids and I realise I have nothing. Never had a best friend that wants to be around me all the time or gives me a call, never had a boyfriend and I'm fine about the kids thing until I'm about 30.

Sorry about the essay, if it's to long to read I understand, I just needed to type it out my feelings.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I feel the same way, I think it's the fact that some of us have never had that best friend to make you feel special makes us feel like it's something wrong with us...even if I have good friends, I still feel lonely.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel the same way, I think it's the fact that some of us have never had that best friend to make you feel special makes us feel like it's something wrong with us...even if I have good friends, I still feel lonely.
Yeah i feel like that, wish I had someone to talk to :'(
Ninetailedfox11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've been very anxious lately because of feeling out of place at uni and I also I feel like I've been lonely all my life, I'm nearly 23 and when I see people jump from one relationship to the other I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Not only this but I feel like I am the only person who has a weird relationship with my friends, as none of them can be bothered to hang out all together or they're to busy. When I meet up with them I act happy because I'm assuming I'm just crazy but when I leave them I feel sad because I literally have no life and it makes me feel down.

I feel like I have nothing in my life but my family who get irritated by my presence sometimes and I get irritated by them or maybe it's the fact that I see my sisters have best friends and boyfriends and kids and I realise I have nothing. Never had a best friend that wants to be around me all the time or gives me a call, never had a boyfriend and I'm fine about the kids thing until I'm about 30.

Sorry about the essay, if it's to long to read I understand, I just needed to type it out my feelings.
i am in the same boat as you really, i am 24 and i feel like i am missing out on life lol
obis117
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think is best if you get a boyfriend that can keep u company ... no rush... u always find someone
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ninetailedfox11)
i am in the same boat as you really, i am 24 and i feel like i am missing out on life lol
Yeah I always feel like that

(Original post by obis117)
I think is best if you get a boyfriend that can keep u company ... no rush... u always find someone
Yeah I'm not very lucky with getting a boyfriend
obis117
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
then get a very close friend ... you ll be fine
herfragilemind
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
May I ask where you are from?
obis117
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am italian but I live in the uk (Manchester precisely

)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by herfragilemind)
May I ask where you are from?
Who?
herfragilemind
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Who?
I meant the person who wrote this post.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, big hugs

You're only 23!

What are doing? Are you working, studying? If not, why not go do your dreams? There are access courses that leads you to uni, you could study any degree you want with the Open University.

Perhaps in the meanwhile partake in a hobby, do things that make you happy, save up and travel, watch a good movie, read an interesting book?

You could meet people online, through online meet up groups, volunteering, by seeing what events are on your local library board.

If you want a boyfriend, you could try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interests, through education, through your network, by going out more.

If you need to talk to someone, feel free to PM me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Analyst89)
Hey, big hugs

You're only 23!

What are doing? Are you working, studying? If not, why not go do your dreams? There are access courses that leads you to uni, you could study any degree you want with the Open University.

Perhaps in the meanwhile partake in a hobby, do things that make you happy, save up and travel, watch a good movie, read an interesting book?

You could meet people online, through online meet up groups, volunteering, by seeing what events are on your local library board.

If you want a boyfriend, you could try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interests, through education, through your network, by going out more.

If you need to talk to someone, feel free to PM me
I'm currently in my final year of uni, idk I just feel like I don't have friends around me either, like I feel alone, watching other people on snapchat with their friends and going out with their family it makes me feel like I'm not wanted by anyone. I've never had a boyfriend so if just makes me feel worst
Anonymous #1
(Original post by herfragilemind)
I meant the person who wrote this post.
Oh that's me

I'm from south London
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads