Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! I need an urgent help! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Greetings,
    My name is Rahma Hassan and I go by the name Emily. I want to try taking the subject Human biology but, unfortunately, I can't afford to take any tuition and as this is a subject who fewer people take in my country, I can't seem to get hold of any revision guides or any notes which could help me score A* in one try, and as this is my last grade (grade 12), it will be nearly impossible for me to repeat a year for just one subject. Please if anyone knows how to score A* in one try, please guide me and tell me how.
    Thanks in advance, greatly appreciate your help!

ReputationRep:
    I can't help you much, but you need to provide us with more information. Exam board, and syllabus would be a good start. I am a Computer Science student, and I have used Khan Academy to help me with Maths (they understand concepts amazingly well- and best of all it's free!). I can't vouch for the Biology section, but it's a hugely reputable site so surely you can't go wrong.I have a friend who got an A* in Biology, and she did so many past papers, it's ridiculous. I wish I did the same. The structure of questions becomes so repetitive (for the most part), so do past paper after past paper, and soon there will be very few questions that you haven't seen before in the exam.Once again, I want to reiterate that I am by no means a Biology student, but the advice I have given you can be applied to all subjects, especially STEM.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rahma Hassan)
    Greetings,
    My name is Rahma Hassan and I go by the name Emily. I want to try taking the subject Human biology but, unfortunately, I can't afford to take any tuition and as this is a subject who fewer people take in my country, I can't seem to get hold of any revision guides or any notes which could help me score A* in one try, and as this is my last grade (grade 12), it will be nearly impossible for me to repeat a year for just one subject. Please if anyone knows how to score A* in one try, please guide me and tell me how.
    Thanks in advance, greatly appreciate your help!
    The only way to achieve an A* is to work very hard. In terms of resources, you should be able to find some on the internet - there are plenty of resources on TSR, for a start. Get Revising is also a good place to go if you want to find some useful, student-made posters, fact-files, spider diagrams, etc.

Why can't you get hold of any revision guides?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.