Philosophy AQA SPEC - RESOURCES

Watch this thread
PJ151
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I took the philosophy (AS / A2) last year as a private candidate, and found it very difficult to find notes and other online resources that were not simply bullet points of the specification, or the complete opposite, full "dissertations" in one subtopic. So I'm making my notes available, with the caveat that I was quite squeezed for time last year, and did not really have time to review them and some parts were written literally hours before the exam. Also, English is not my native language, so I'm sure you'll often find grammar mistakes.

That said, I believe I was able to find a middle ground, where I was able to approach each topic in relatively enough depth, for it to work more like a quick reference query for essay writing. Also I think it would be great if we could create a sort of peer-reviewed system, where people would vote for changes to be incorporated from other (better) notes, or even from discussions here in the forum. And by May, who knows we might even end up having created the Official Bible for AQA Phil

AS
[Perception notes are on a different format, and very incomplete so they are not included]

A2

List of Websites/Resources I've used extensively while writing the notes:

-Philosophy Enciclopedias:
xxxx1
xxxx2

-Routledge Handouts

-Michael Lacewig's Textbooks (I have a digital copy of the A2 one, can share it if needed)

-UK Teacher Slideshare Webpage (Great for the Perception unit)

-Michael Sandel's Harvard Lectures, Ethics
-Tamar Gendler's Yale Lectures, Ethics (particularly good for Kant and Aristotle)

[Not everything is relevant, but Sandel and Gendler expose the topic in a really interesting way, and provide you with several tough experiments to consider while reading up on the UK spec]
Chalee
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Those notes are craaazy helpful.

Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.9%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (13)
10.24%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.09%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.32%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.47%

Watched Threads