Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I wanna get a part time evening / weekend job to earn money whilst in the sixth form. I'm doing four A levels so I still want to focus on studying but I don't really have any idea of how many hours I should do and where to find a job etc...

If anyone has any experience of this then please share as I'm kinda stuck

ReputationRep:
    My sixth form recommends working no more than 12 hours per week, although we do only 3 A levels so maybe it would be best to do a couple less hours than that?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupOfCaramel)
    My sixth form recommends working no more than 12 hours per week, although we do only 3 A levels so maybe it would be best to do a couple less hours than that?
    Thank you. Any ideas on where to get a job...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuneFreeze)
    Thank you. Any ideas on where to get a job...?
    No idea sorry, I work at a horse yard so unless you're into horses then I can't really help haha, you could try shops in town?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I just applied for Argos, as a Christmas job, and I'm in 6th form college.
    You're not meant to work more than 12 hours a week, and a lot of our teachers actually say that having a job isn't the best idea. Perhaps you could do what I'm doing and just get a job around Christmas time?

You could also hand your CV round to little coffee shops, and cafes, and places like that. Then you might just be able to get a Saturday job. I know people who work at places like Next, and even Mcdonalds, and they have to work so many hours.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.