ejccj
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have just started year 12 and after my A-levels would like to go on to study either Medicine or Veterinary Medicine at university. I understand that doing an EPQ is very helpful especially if it's related to the course you want to study at uni. I was thinking of doing my EPQ on the similarities and differences between disease in humans and animals as this would tie in with both Medicine and Veterinary however I don't know if this is too vague. Does anyone have any good ideas on what to do an EPQ on that is related to medicine/veterinary and that is deep enough to get a good grade on? Any general advice on how to get a good grade in the EPQ would be greatly appreciated as well. I need to submit my application for my EPQ by Friday so please reply ASAP, thanks.
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ejccj)
I have just started year 12 and after my A-levels would like to go on to study either Medicine or Veterinary Medicine at university. I understand that doing an EPQ is very helpful especially if it's related to the course you want to study at uni. I was thinking of doing my EPQ on the similarities and differences between disease in humans and animals as this would tie in with both Medicine and Veterinary however I don't know if this is too vague. Does anyone have any good ideas on what to do an EPQ on that is related to medicine/veterinary and that is deep enough to get a good grade on? Any general advice on how to get a good grade in the EPQ would be greatly appreciated as well. I need to submit my application for my EPQ by Friday so please reply ASAP, thanks.
How about transmission of diseases from animals to human and vice versa?
You could also do the same for medicines and medical techniques?

You can get an A* on virtually any topic, is what you do that counts.

Make the title so its investigative and challenging, so it involves your research, analysis and opinion. Youve left it late. You need to get reading.
Ladkus
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Are you doing your EPQ this year? In year 12?
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Good advice from 999tigger! It might be a better idea, like suggested, to pick a more specific aspect of disease - perhaps transmission, treatments, or you could even focus on a certain disease or disorder. That could be interesting.

As long as you do a comprehensive investigation and analysis, you can get an A* in any topic.

Spoiler:
Show

Moved thread to EPQ
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.74%
The paper was reasonable (192)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.38%
It was TERRIBLE (40)
10.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed