The Student Room Group

Is it too late to get my gcse maths remarked?

I know the deadline was a few days ago but is there no other way i can get my gcse edecel maths remarked? I received at 5 and i was meant to get a 7?

Scroll to see replies

what do u mean you were meant to get a 7 , as in predicted a 7?
Reply 2
Original post by Ray_Shadows
what do u mean you were meant to get a 7 , as in predicted a 7?

Yes well, it was my challenge grade :/
Reply 3
Original post by GetMeAnA*
never too late

Would you know what the procedure is? i haven't a clue :frown:
Original post by aminamirza

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4894912#primary_content
Reply 5

The deadline was a few days ago. You missed it. You can't get a remark.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
The deadline was a few days ago. You missed it. You can't get a remark.

No chance whatsoever? :frown:
I am sure you can ask the exam board directly, it is never too late to ask but depends on how lenient they are and if they dont accept well you have my dearest apologies.

so you got a C and you expect the remark to go up to an A ?
Reply 9
No chance whatsoever? :frown:

Well, you could build a time machine from your toaster. But failing that, no. They gave a fairly generous deadline as results day was about a month ago.

Challenge grades are meant to be a "CHALLENGE" and its not neccessary for you to receive it, so dont worry as long as you tried your best its fine. You passes now focus on A levels, they are much more important and GCSEs pretty much mean nothing- not as much as A Levels anyway.
Original post by Juno
Well, you could build a time machine from your toaster. But failing that, no. They gave a fairly generous deadline as results day was about a month ago.

Dude go easy on her, shes probably stressed rn and the last thing she wants is your patronising.
Reply 12
so you got a C and you expect the remark to go up to an A ?

No, but i'm sure i got better than a 5. I'd be happy with a 6! :/
Reply 13
Original post by getmeana*
dude go easy on her, shes probably stressed rn and the last thing she wants is your patronising.

yes i am so stressed right now! Thank you so much <3!
yes i am so stressed right now! Thank you so much <3!

No probs:colondollar:
Reply 15
Challenge grades are meant to be a "CHALLENGE" and its not neccessary for you to receive it, so dont worry as long as you tried your best its fine. You passes now focus on A levels, they are much more important and GCSEs pretty much mean nothing- not as much as A Levels anyway.

Yes! But i want to get into something science based but with a 5 in Maths i don't think i can? however i'm taking Biology and Chemistry and English Lit. I even took Core Maths which is equivalent to an AS. So would it matter if i got a 5 in maths but a higher grade in Core Maths?
No, but i'm sure i got better than a 5. I'd be happy with a 6! :/

how many marks were u away from a 6 , i'm in the same situation as you , but i'm retaking maths at 6th-form (cause i ****ed up on one of the math papers). Just a word of warning i was 2/3 marks away from a 6 and they said it wasn't worth it cause it was most likely going to stay the same , remarks that are successful can be rare in math papers ( unless the examiner really ****ed up ) honestly just retake maths and do the exam in November or something
Reply 17
how many marks were u away from a 6 , i'm in the same situation as you , but i'm retaking maths at 6th-form (cause i ****ed up on one of the math papers). Just a word of warning i was 2/3 marks away from a 6 and they said it wasn't worth it cause it was most likely going to stay the same , remarks that are successful can be rare in math papers ( unless the examiner really ****ed up ) honestly just retake maths and do the exam in November or something

I'm not even sure how many marks i was off, that's the thing! i'm so sorry about that! :frown:
Yes! But i want to get into something science based but with a 5 in Maths i don't think i can? however i'm taking Biology and Chemistry and English Lit. I even took Core Maths which is equivalent to an AS. So would it matter if i got a 5 in maths but a higher grade in Core Maths?

Trust me its fine: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2017/00532/bsc-biomedical-sciences/entry-requirements/

Look at the GCSE requirements for biomedical science, they are only asking for a 4 and you have a 5, that's already higher than the minimum so it's fine. and Manchester is a top uni and 13th place for biomedical science, so trust me you'll be more than fine just focus on a levels and meet those requirements.
Reply 19
Trust me its fine: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2017/00532/bsc-biomedical-sciences/entry-requirements/

Look at the GCSE requirements for biomedical science, they are only asking for a 4 and you have a 5, that's already higher than the minimum so it's fine. and Manchester is a top uni and 13th place for biomedical science, so trust me you'll be more than fine just focus on a levels and meet those requirements.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! i was panicking so much omg

Quick Reply

Latest