The Student Room Group

Applying for uni: Will I have to go to an interview?

I'm currently getting ready all my documents in order to apply for uni, however, when I gathered all the relevant information on the universities websites, I noticed that they mentioned interviews quite often. Will I have to go to an interview when applying? Can someone make a list of universities that require/ don't require interviews?
Some additional information: I'm not from the UK and I'm looking to apply in Scotland for computer science (not sure yet about what unis exactly, but I'm very sure that it's going to include Aberdeen and Strathclyde)
I don't think they do many interviews for computer science degrees, but often they allow overseas students to do a skype interview online, so you don't actually need to travel to the university. If any do contact you for an interview, it would be worth stating that you are an overseas student so they can organise an online interview or something.
Reply 2
Original post by cappa2
I'm currently getting ready all my documents in order to apply for uni, however, when I gathered all the relevant information on the universities websites, I noticed that they mentioned interviews quite often. Will I have to go to an interview when applying? Can someone make a list of universities that require/ don't require interviews?
Some additional information: I'm not from the UK and I'm looking to apply in Scotland for computer science (not sure yet about what unis exactly, but I'm very sure that it's going to include Aberdeen and Strathclyde)

Interviews are mainly for medicine, vet med, and art/design type courses. Oxford and Cambridge unis also interview applicants.

The unis that you have stated do not interview for computer science.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
Interviews are mainly for medicine, vet med, and art/design type courses. Oxford and Cambridge unis also interview applicants.

The unis that you have stated do not interview for computer science.

Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending