What is a good title for my EPQ that involves me building a computer?

Watch
whippedcream101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi i am currently starting EPQ and want to build a computer for it however i can not think of a title for my project. Any help would be appreciated!
M4cc4n4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So the project is building a Computer?
username1207499
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
"glorified lego for an A level standard project?"
whippedcream101
Rep:
?
yes but i dont know a good title
vityamins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How about something fancy and pretentious like "The intramechanic workings of a standard computer"
Ladkus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What is the reason your building it?
whippedcream101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ladkus)
What is the reason your building it?
for gaming purposes mainly
It's****ingWOODY
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Building a computer takes 10 minutes once you've got all the parts, not much of a "project" really.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by whippedcream101)
Hi i am currently starting EPQ and want to build a computer for it however i can not think of a title for my project. Any help would be appreciated!
Is there something especially challenging about building this PC? I cant see that it would be suitable for an EPQ. Has this been approved by your teacher?
M4cc4n4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Is there something especially challenging about building this PC? I cant see that it would be suitable for an EPQ. Has this been approved by your teacher?
I suppose if he did detailed reporting on the architecture of the components and aswell as there evaluating how well they pair with the system aswell as identifying bottlenecks within the throughputs of each component and such, idk he could write software optimisations or modify and make custom drivers you could get a Project out of it. Maybe
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by M4cc4n4)
I suppose if he did detailed reporting on the architecture of the components and aswell as there evaluating how well they pair with the system aswell as identifying bottlenecks within the throughputs of each component and such, idk he could write software optimisations or modify and make custom drivers you could get a Project out of it. Maybe
Nope. Tbh it sounds like a lame project and poor choice for an epq. If im not mistaken hes just going to buy the parts and put them together? Not as though its an electronics project.

If he was to build his own from scratch as a model of a classic computer i.e a mechanical one or one using valves then maybe.
Ladkus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do know of someone from my college that did an epq on designing and building a water cooling system for a computer and recieved and A for it but I think you'll need something a bit more than just building a computer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads