The Student Room Group

What should my insurance uni be with A*BB predictions?

My predictions are A*BB and I'm applying to mainly AAB courses. Would ABB be a decent insurance? or should i find a BBB course?
Original post by Bebo16
My predictions are A*BB and I'm applying to mainly AAB courses. Would ABB be a decent insurance? or should i find a BBB course?

ABB is only one grade drop so personally I would go for BBB, also make sure that the AAB courses you apply to are happy with equivalent grades as predictions.
Have you applied to any "reach" courses at say AAA? Do you think you could get A*AB or even A*AA. Is your A* prediction in maths? It might be worth applying to 1 or 2 of those.

Search the engineering threads to find whether any of your courses gave offers to candidates with lower predicted grades than the typical offer or accepted dropped grades on results day.

Also try to grab hold of a Telegraph newspaper from results day to see if any of the courses you want to apply for were in clearing this year. You could then decide if you wanted to replace one of those safe options with a reach option since you might have a chance of picking up the safe option in clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by mathsinsider
Have you applied to any "reach" courses at say AAA? Do you think you could get A*AB or even A*AA. Is your A* prediction in maths? It might be worth applying to 1 or 2 of those.

Search the engineering threads to find whether any of your courses gave offers to candidates with lower predicted grades than the typical offer or accepted dropped grades on results day.

Also try to grab hold of a Telegraph newspaper from results day to see if any of the courses you want to apply for were in clearing this year. You could then decide if you wanted to replace one of those safe options with a reach option since you might have a chance of picking up the safe option in clearing.

I'm almost certain I can get better than my predicted grades but I'm just worried that I won't get the offers in the first place :frown: The A* prediction is in maths and I'm also doing an EPQ so I'm hoping that makes it okay for me to not go lower than ABB (I really don't like any of the courses at BBB).

I'll have a look at which engineering courses were in clearing, thats a good idea! thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending